Campaign for flypast to honour 75th anniversary of plane crash in endcliffe park

20 minutes ago, Unrecordings said:

I'm glad I saw it even at a distance, the BBC footage  (I've seen so far) didn't catch the F15 victory roll

Hopefully you can see this:

P1080436x.jpg

It may have been my TV but the BBC footage was rubbish. The film from the helicopter kept distorting and they captured non of the feeling of what it would have been like viewed from the park. 

Then I heard them over my house and ran to the back garden and missed them as they passed to the front :(

We were at Bishops house at the top of Meersbrook Park and they passed right overhead, brilliant.

I think the problem with the BBC helicopter was that it would be forced to maintain some distance from the flight.

That was just the live feed, hopefully they're editing something together for the evening news from various vantage points (and other third party sources)

There clearly were problems with the BBC helicopter footage but overall I think they did a very good job of covering it.

Nice distraction from Brexit. Reminds of us our close allies the Americans from outside the EU and shows us what a strong country we are. Perfectly timed as well. 

Dan Walker's twitter account may be of interest to some of you.

I live near Newfield Green and the view from my house was excellent, an amazing view to start the day.  Also a thought for those who lost their lives and the man who nearly did as a youngster.  He is an inspiration to us all as are many others.

Edited by katekate

One of the biggest crowds ever at Endcliffe Park and the cafe is closed. Genius!