Campaign for flypast to honour 75th anniversary of plane crash in endcliffe park

On 12/01/2019 at 22:09, Narden Dee said:

im not being negative i'm pointing out hes not the only person who volunteers on war memorials in the city  hes not even the only person who volunteers on the Mia Amigo memorial many people volunterr including the friends of groups.

i have seen that a new batch of volunteers may have even painted the timber handrails etc because this gentleman thoiught it needed it the fact its tanalised timber will mean it will look awful in a few years.

also its a war memorial you cant just go round doing what you want (however well intentioned) because you have some link to it otherwise people would be doing alsorts to various war memorials

Shurup.

2 hours ago, Albert smith said:

Shurup.

nope

why? because I've raised a valid issue regarding war memorials city wide and the help all volunteers do?

Excellent news that the fly past will go ahead with the co-operation of the US ambassador. 

Lex, I also agree that this tribute is well worth it. My wife and I went to the  crash site memorial last week and it looks very impressive and well tendered. While we were there Tony came and we had a short chat about the event 75 years ago. He is a very nice and caring person and deserves all the good praise for all he is doing to remember those who were killed in the tragedy of the Mi Amigo fate.

Edited by yorky15

I'm pleased to hear that there will be a fly by.

There's usually a decent turnout of folk with links to the Forces for the anniversary event but now the story appears to have gone global, I wonder how many from the Town Hall will be falling over themselves to attend? 

Susssh! Don't tell Majid but according to last night's Star, Trump's been invited. 

16 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Susssh! Don't tell Majid but according to last night's Star, Trump's been invited.  

Hopefully that's untrue, or there will be more security and protesters there than genuine people just wanting to enjoy the event.

Just now, belperite said:

Hopefully that's untrue, or there will be more security and protesters there than genuine people just wanting to enjoy the event.

Don't worry. His government shutdown means he'd have to pay for the trip himself so there's no chance of him turning up.

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

There's usually a decent turnout of folk with links to the Forces for the anniversary event but now the story appears to have gone global, I wonder how many from the Town Hall will be falling over themselves to attend? 

Trump the draft dodger being invited to a war memorial! 😂

Are there any more details of times etc yet ?

Is this the first time there's been a flypast done  entirely by US aircraft in the UK