Gary madine sufc bound?

1 hour ago, petcharlie said:

I am more concerned about the effect he will have on the dressing room rather than what effect he has on the pitch.Captain Billy will crack the whip and make him have it.

He might get a crack back 😂

Seriously, this is a hell of a chance for United to push on after recent good form and they go for Gary Madine who:

A) Hasn't scored for his present club (18 games and counting)

B) Has publicly had a wrangling with the club captain

C) Got sent down for assault after hitting Unitedites in town

D) Was the leading goal scorer in a Wednesday team that pipped United to promotion.

For me it speaks volumes of the owners ambition but Wilder has come out and said that he is an admirer. In Wilder you trust !

23 hours ago, Runningman said:

A polite response soad ! Have you been consuming too much alcohol ?

Well I'll go to foot of our stairs ( Sheffield saying )

Apologies soad, something could happen, but I am not in agreement !!

If Madines going t'lane it's probably to fight Kell Brook. So hope this is true.😀

Really would not want this idiot at the club, based on his persona life away from the field.

However, with the amount of chances we create every game, with crosses into the box and no one 6ft 4 to recieve them, he is the type of player we are missing.

11 hours ago, Bash Street said:

If Madines going t'lane it's probably to fight Kell Brook. So hope this is true.😀

I like it.Well I have faith in Wilder but I am struggling with this one.He has been right on most of his buys I can forgive him on the few occasions he has got it wrong.Wilder must let Madine know that he is a friend of Kell Brokes may be that will keep Madines hands in his pockets.Joking apart I do not like the man he is a thug and to think Wilder usually has character checks on players he brings in I find this one a strange choice.

1 hour ago, petcharlie said:

I like it.Well I have faith in Wilder but I am struggling with this one.He has been right on most of his buys I can forgive him on the few occasions he has got it wrong.Wilder must let Madine know that he is a friend of Kell Brokes may be that will keep Madines hands in his pockets.Joking apart I do not like the man he is a thug and to think Wilder usually has character checks on players he brings in I find this one a strange choice.

I couldn't believe Cardiff paying £6m for him I think it was. So pleased when he left Wednesday. It's not just what happens on the pitch it's the attitudes in the dressing room that can hurt more. I know Wilders been after another option up front and not managed for whatever reason to get someone he wants through the door but this smacks of desperation. But like you say, who knows. Time will tell.

Edited by Bash Street

32 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

I couldn't believe Cardiff paying £6m for him I think it was. So pleased when he left Wednesday. It's not just what happens on the pitch it's the attitudes in the dressing room that can hurt more. I know Wilders been after another option up front and not managed for whatever reason to get someone he wants through the door but this smacks of desperation. But like you say, who knows. Time will tell.

THAT IS RIGHT WHO KNOWS? But a I doubt he has changed according to reports he managed to bring trouble to the Cardiff dressing room having a fall out with the Cardiff captain which sounded unpleasant.Rather than bring in this guy I would rather not bring in anybody.I do hope I am wrong and Chris is right I would settle for that I would not mind but time will tell.

I don't think he will try it on in the dressing room, he won't have 10 mates behind him and there are lads in there who would drop him in double quick time. 

He is an option to throw on with 20 minutes to go, when opposition defenders are tired and we loop balls into the box.  

4 hours ago, petcharlie said:

THAT IS RIGHT WHO KNOWS? But a I doubt he has changed according to reports he managed to bring trouble to the Cardiff dressing room having a fall out with the Cardiff captain which sounded unpleasant.Rather than bring in this guy I would rather not bring in anybody.I do hope I am wrong and Chris is right I would settle for that I would not mind but time will tell.

I wasn't aware of this but not really surprised by it either.

4 hours ago, Grappler said:

I don't think he will try it on in the dressing room, he won't have 10 mates behind him and there are lads in there who would drop him in double quick time. 

He is an option to throw on with 20 minutes to go, when opposition defenders are tired and we loop balls into the box.  

Sounds as though there are a lot of hard men around ,lets hope they are all pound for pound as big blokes like Madine like to throw it about just because they are just that.

4 minutes ago, Albert smith said:

Sounds as though there are a lot of hard men around ,lets hope they are all pound for pound as big blokes like Madine like to throw it about just because they are just that.

Older and wiser now Bert

Will vaulks is a potential signing so I heard