Quickbooks training ???

With the upcoming changes MTD I've decided to try and get a head start and switched over to Quickbooks for accounting & invoicing etc.

Quickbooks is possibly the most complicated system I've tried I think I need help !!!

Anyone know of anywhere in Sheffield that offers training courses ?

TIA

My husband does our accounts, we have been using Quickbooks for ten years.  What are you having problems with? 

Have you got the on line version? He couldn't get on with that version so still uses the PC version. He does VAT returns etc using Quickbooks. If you have the PC version my husband will give you some one to one tuition for a fee.  We live near Dinnington S25. 

Im having difficulty knowing which category to allocate things into and finding out what I've taken in VAT last month so I know how much to put away.

Any help on these would be appreciated.

Can you be more specific about categories? What purchase or sale are you having trouble categorising? 

I don't understand why you need to know about VAT each month. Don't you leave a decent amount of money in the business account to give good cash flow or even out seasonality? I should imagine it can be done with a monthly report. You haven't said which version you use though. We went on to the on line version but couldn't get on with it so went back to PC version. 

Have you purchased quickbooks support? In the past my husband has phoned Quickbooks to learn how to run reports.

I have the VAT money but like to transfer it away into a separate account every month.

I have the online version with the app.

We don't use that version, hubby couldn't get on with it. He doesn't find it as easy to run reports.  There are things you can't do with that version that you can do in the pc version. I can't remember what else it wouldn't do that the pc version will do.  Are you a limited company? I ask that question as I presume you have an accountant to do your year end report. If we weren't sure what category to enter something as we would ask our accountant. If you are limited the money has to stay in a business account. Just transfer your wages from one account to another and leave the rest in. 

May be worth speaking to Number Crunchers. They sort all my accounting/VAT Reg things out. I use Sage One Online through them so if you do need any help you can contact Sage or speak to Number Crunchers.

Zaff - ZMir Limited

On 1/6/2019 at 5:54 PM, Chez2 said:

We don't use that version, hubby couldn't get on with it. He doesn't find it as easy to run reports.  There are things you can't do with that version that you can do in the pc version. I can't remember what else it wouldn't do that the pc version will do.  Are you a limited company? I ask that question as I presume you have an accountant to do your year end report. If we weren't sure what category to enter something as we would ask our accountant. If you are limited the money has to stay in a business account. Just transfer your wages from one account to another and leave the rest in. 

Yes, Ltd Company. I usually transfer the VAT money to a separate account and pay every quarter.

Quickbooks have now replied with a request to my email for assistance. Its only a link to the help forum which is next to useless to me. Im a tradesman (trying his best), not a budding accountant.

Your comments and assistance are greatly appreciated.

19 hours ago, dan2802 said:

Yes, Ltd Company. I usually transfer the VAT money to a separate account and pay every quarter.

Quickbooks have now replied with a request to my email for assistance. Its only a link to the help forum which is next to useless to me. Im a tradesman (trying his best), not a budding accountant.

Your comments and assistance are greatly appreciated.

I think you can pay a monthly amount for support. When my husband has called Quickbooks support on the odd occasion they have been really helpful.  They have explained how to run reports etc.

I would ask your accountant about the separate account as well. I thought if you were a Ltd company the money had to stay in one company account as a business account. Put the money in that business account and transfer out your wages in to your personal account.

Quickbooks will enable you do submit your VAT on line direct from the software. Our accountant only advises us and does the year end figs. We do pay him to make sure we are compliant with HMRC and he does some paperwork on that front on our behalf. As Ruthlessgk suggests, we get our accountant to clarify what code / what category to enter something as on Quickbooks if we are unsure. 

If you do a bit each day on Quickbooks it is much easier than letting it build up. We have a lot of transactions so its much easier to do a few each day and keep on top of it.