Swfc v luton

Not much chance of going through but a good away day for the regulars who fully deserve it (apart from the ridiculous kick off time).

r

18 minutes ago, rogets said:

Win against Luton is good, they are near the top of their league so they were tough opponents

I can't see Chelsea taking the FA cup seriously do Wednesday will probably sneak past them

Wednesday have nothing to play for, they are too far ahead to be sucked into a relegation dog fight and too far behind to get into the play offs

So a good cup run could make Wednesday season interesting

A trip to Wembley  at the end of this season?

Get the open top bus booked, Rogets.

27 minutes ago, Padders said:

r

Wednesdays season from a league point of view is over

Why not a good cup run?

33 minutes ago, Padders said:

r

Why won't Chelsea take the FA Cup seriously ? They won it last year.

😁

52 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Why won't Chelsea take the FA Cup seriously ? They won it last year.

LOL😁

Edited by Ontarian1981

1 hour ago, Ontarian1981 said:

😁

LOL😁

However some cup games (FA and League) between the Owls and Chelsea over the years do not fill me with fond memories.

Edited by St Petre
Add

3 hours ago, St Petre said:

However some cup games (FA and League) between the Owls and Chelsea over the years do not fill me with fond memories.

Just remember the good ones, beating Chelsea with 10 men in the 1966 FA  Cup semi-final and the 6-1 hammering of them on New Year a few months later. Forget the rest.😉

I think that semi was the one when Mobley got his career ending injury , probably it cost Wednesday the cup that year as Brown the manager refused to play an experienced centre half in the final.

On the plus side he told the players you are only having six tickets each ,the rest must go to the supporters.

This also stopped the ticket fiddles that happened at that time when players would sell their tickets to the highest bidder inc touts like Flashman.

Edited by Albert smith

1 minute ago, Albert smith said:

I think that semi was the one when Mobley got his career ending injury , probably it cost Wednesday the cup that year as Brown the manager refused to play an experienced centre half in the final.

A brave lad. Staying on the pitch cost him dearly. 

He was also robbed of an England cap by injury when he was picked for the eleven.

well a win is a win and off we to to chelsea,you never know the outcome in these games,but at least a great day out for some

Can remember in the late 70s boro beatibg chelski 7-2 great game was 18 then flares and winklepicker shoes those were the days.. £2.50 in the holgate cop end.. 

Always a chance guys never know we may meet in the final wonder what odds that would be.. 

Edited by Mooks

9 hours ago, St Petre said:

Yes I remember the match in 1973, we had been in a fishing match at Dam Flask and packed in early got my dad to pick us up and drop us at the ground. There was over 46,000 there, was a great atmosphere but the wrong result. Chelsea had some good players, Osgood, Houseman and Alan Hudson to name three.

Edited by iansheff