Changes to bus/tram ticket prices - 6th January

I don't think this has already been posted on here.

TravelMaster Prices from the 6 January 2019 will be:

1-Day Tickets

CityBus £4.70

CityWide, BConnect, DonConnect, RConnect £5.00

SYConnect £6.80

SYConnect+ £8.50

GetAbout £2.60

GetAbout+ £3.90

7-Day Tickets

CityBus £16.30

CityWide, BConnect, DonConnect, RConnect £17.30

SYConnect £23.50

SYConnect+ £29.70

GetAbout £8.30

GetAbout+ £13.60

28-Day Tickets

CityBus £61.20

CityWide, BConnect, DonConnect, RConnect £64.90

SYConnect £88.20

SYConnect+ £111.40

GetAbout £33.20

GetAbout+ £54.40

Annual Tickets

SYConnect+ £1,281.10

https://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/TravelMasterprices6Jan19/

Guest busdriver1

Some of the cheapest bus fares in the country and you get this 

Sheffield South East MP Clive Betts said the cost of public transport was a ‘real problem’ in the city.

14 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Some of the cheapest bus fares in the country and you get this 

Cheapest lol  didn't first and stage coach take there prices up 2 times last year he's right though 

Guest busdriver1
2 hours ago, ormester said:

Cheapest lol  didn't first and stage coach take there prices up 2 times last year he's right though 

Once each then the PTE put the travelmaster or whatever they are called this week up as well.  STILL amongst the cheapest in the UK

It would have been helpful if the bus companies had published this beforehand - no one that got on the 120 this morning knew about the increases and there were no posters or leaflets on the bus, nor can I see anything on the First website about fare increases. It just contributes to further delays with people not having the right money and annoyed passengers. 

I have seen a few posters on buses (mainly on Stagecoach), but only during the Christmas/New Year period when some people might not have been going to work.

Thank you Margaret Thatcher.  Glad to see Londoners are still enjoying the advantages of public transport services that have not been de-regulated and that so many millions are instantly available to improve their services. 

Remember, the people of the 32 boroughs of London pay for this through their rates. So if you're happy to folk out an extra £500+ per year through your rates then I'm sure you'll be in the minority rather than majority. Hence why a de-regulated market has worked throughout the country for the last 30+ years.

Transport for London are also cutting staff/routes etc. They face an increasing £1bn deficit and thus, bus routes are starting to be chopped/cut back. Have a read here: https://www.ft.com/content/920ad418-5929-11e8-bdb7-f6677d2e1ce8

Guest busdriver1
13 hours ago, Michael_N said:

Remember, the people of the 32 boroughs of London pay for this through their rates. So if you're happy to folk out an extra £500+ per year through your rates then I'm sure you'll be in the minority rather than majority. Hence why a de-regulated market has worked throughout the country for the last 30+ years.

Transport for London are also cutting staff/routes etc. They face an increasing £1bn deficit and thus, bus routes are starting to be chopped/cut back. Have a read here: https://www.ft.com/content/920ad418-5929-11e8-bdb7-f6677d2e1ce8

You had to spoil it with true facts :thumbsup:

19 hours ago, Michael_N said:

Wow, from a quick pick of the first three  boroughs that came up after googling, in my banding I would be quids in - and having everything London has to offer on the doorstep, compared to Sheffield. 

De-regularisation would be a disaster for London, like it is here, but Maggie wouldn't let that happen to her own. 

The tube received 2.35 Billion in just 2017-18, mainly from central government funding.  So we get to prop up London's tube system, as well as pay for our own inadequate service. 

And you say de-regularisation works?  Not for Sheffield it doesn't.  

Edited by Lex Luthor

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 14:48, busdriver1 said:

Once each then the PTE put the travelmaster or whatever they are called this week up as well.  STILL amongst the cheapest in the UK 

The PTE didn't put Travelmaster prices up.  The PTE doesn't control TravelMaster; the bus and tram companies do. 

Yes, our public transport prices aren't that high by national standards; just not as much cheaper than average as they used to be.