Stopping emails on ipad

Hello, I'm not knowledgeable about tech. although I do use it a lot. I have my emails to my PC but also to my iphone and ipad.  I don't want my emails in triplicate. Is there a way I can stop them going to my ipad? I really only want to use it to access the Internet.

Thanks

Settings

Passwords and Accounts 

Accounts

Select the account that you don’t want to receive emails from

Delete account

Go to your email client on your ipad and remove it completely. Or it may be in accounts, I forget how apple works.

Thank you so much for your help.  I've done it. 

Different strokes for different folks.

i like to be able to pick up any of my devices and generally get the same content.

an alternative is to turn off notifications on the iPad so the email is there if you want it, but just collects int he background without pinging you every 5 minutes.

It was deleting the emails that was a pain. If I'm going to deal with emails I'm going to be on my pc or my iphone unless I'm on holiday.  We bought the ipad because we used to take a decent sized lap top on holiday  and  the  ipad is a more manageable size.  A year or two ago we weren't sure if the size of electronic gadgets was going to be restricted on flights so the ipad was in preparation for if that happened at short notice. These are work emails not personal emails. 

Can you not sync your emails across all platforms? With Android I delete on one and it's removed from all.

22 hours ago, max said:

Can you not sync your emails across all platforms? With Android I delete on one and it's removed from all.

Yes, they should sync across all the devices.

Alternatively, from Google:

Mail: Settings > Mail, contacts, calendars > the email account > off or delete account.

6 hours ago, TheNugget said:

Yes, they should sync across all the devices.

I had to delete read emails individually from all three devices.  Its not necessary at the moment to have my emails to my ipad. I can put them back on if and when required now I know how to do it. Thanks.