Running group for beginners - city centre/s2 area

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a running group for beginners in the S1/S2 area? I tried running with the Sheffield running group a couple of years ago they were very good but located at the EIS in Attercliffe which was a little out my way. Or if anyone is wanted to start running hit me up and we can possibly buddy up. I'm hoping to start couch to 5k soon.

Sorry if this topic has been discussed before, I couldn't find anything. 

Thanks,

Shaz

Hi, not sure if this helps as it depends where you live etc, there are a couple of park runs not so far, castle I think is off manor lane and also endcliffe park run, endcliffe has mixed abilities and is perfect for new runners etc, distance is 3 miles and flat no time restriction as such

Hi,  I am part of a social running group that meets at the top of the escalator opposite WHSmith in Meadowhall at 6.30pm on Monday evenings.  We do a 5km run, any ability welcome .  You  and anyone else are welcome to join us.      Facebook Social Running Community -Meadowhall.           

Cheers Roger

Hi Shaz, 

A work coach at Working Win told me she goes out with a group in the S2, Norfolk Park area. I'll try and find more details for you?  

K

The S2 group generally do 5k practise on Manor Fields, near Manor Park Centre. Not sure what nights yet?

Have a look at GoodGym they do some running but stop in the middle to do some social good. They meet on Monday evenings at The Showroom arounf 6pm.