Male tabby kitten

Hi,

As per title, would like to get a male tabby kitten, but aren't entirely sure where to look. :?

Had a look at a few shelters (websites) but it seems to be mainly middle aged cats. We adopted 3 middle aged ones last time from shelter... the last one popped off last year and we miss having a cat about the place but really want to get a kitten this time.

Particularly like tabbys, and I think males are more playful.....

Anyone got any suggestions?

There will probably be loads of litters of kittens available in the shelters soon enough. They might not appear on websites as they'll get homed quickly. Why not phone a few and see if you can register your interest and get a call back when kittens come in?

I got my two as kittens (they're 10 now!) from the Sheffield Cats Shelter, they had loads to choose from in the summer months. The fee included microchipping, neutering etc so it worked out much cheaper than getting a kitten from some random person. Would definitely recommend!

Great stuff, hadn't occurred to me to see if I can pre-register.

Had a look on Gumtree etc... but as you say, random person... makes me twitchy.

I'll get on that today.

Thanks for your response.

Friends of ferals and rainrescue have beautiful kittens, find them on Facebook :)

Please dont go down the route of Gumtree/Facebook etc if you can help it. It just encourages irresponsible owners to let their cats keep getting pregnant.
Good luck with your search :) 

I have a 13 month old female tabby she's a little nervous at first but give her some paper and she will play for hours