Best shop for new tvin sheffield

looking for best place for a tv don't want all the internet Netflix ect just a good quality hd     not sure what the kd is all about , I don't do technical

I bought my last 2 from Currys. They were on a par for price and had them in stock for delivery or collection.

You say you don't do technical. Look for a 1080p one and just pick the screen size and price that suits your budget. You could post your choices on here and see what opinions people have...might help.

Currys is probably the worst place you could shop for a new tv.

Richer Sounds is my recommendation with John Lewis price matching not far behind.

I would recommend Richer Sounds. Knowledgeable staff who don't push you into things you don't want. 

What Happ said. I've only ever bought from John Lewis - I think Richer Sounds can offer an extra year over John Lewis in terms of warranty.

Looks like there is only one 'non-smart' TV for sale at John Lewis:

https://www.johnlewis.com/linsar-40led320-led-full-hd-1080p-tv-40-inch-with-freeview-hd-black/p3870155

Interesting information on Linsar here:

https://www.avforums.com/threads/linsar-a-british-success-story.1664855/

Just looked at Richer Sounds and can't find any TV's that are not Smart - looks like the Linsar might be your only option?

Curry's have more models but the best only has a 2 year guarantee:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/full-hd-tvs/televisions/televisions/301_3002_30002_xx_ba00011146-bv00309066-ba00013254-bv00312215-ba00004524-bv00298789/xx-criteria.html

Looks like John Lewis is the place to go based on my brief search into none-Smart TVs as the Linsar comes with a 5-year guarantee!

Edited by swarfendor437

2 hours ago, Happ said:

Richer Sounds is my recommendation with John Lewis price matching not far behind.

Sometimes you want a good quality product and it doesn't matter too much where you buy it from, and Curry's can be very convenient. I would not choose Curry's for customer service nor for pre-sales advice compared to the other two either.  If you know what you want, they can often have the best price.

The JL one with 5 years guarantee kindly posted by swarfendor437 above, reminds us of how good the additional guarantees are with JL.  I did exactly that when I bought my last TV, from JL, with a 5 year guarantee included in the price.

2 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

What size screen do you want?

How much do you want to spend?

Very key questions.

Also, what type of Aerial or receiver do you have? 

Do you have a Satellite dish and Sky box for example?

4 hours ago, Happ said:

Richer sounds are great until you actually try to use their warranty, I know a few that have been bitten, currys are easily as good as anywhere else.

2 hours ago, stropalottle said:

I would recommend Richer Sounds. Knowledgeable staff who don't push you into things you don't want. 

Doesnt sound like the Richer Sounds I went to, they were probably the worse sales people I have ever dealt with.

I wouldn't touch any TV made by Linsar (or rather, Vestel)

They are the cheapy cheap, TV's, (such as Funai, Daewoo, Hitachi, Medion, Polariod, Sanyo, Hyundai, Finlux, Maxwell, Sharp and others) all made in the same place in Turkey...

Edited by Ghozer