Wigan v blades 1 jan

if sharp was 25 in todays market  20-30 million easily 

3 hours ago, ormester said:

if sharp was 25 in todays market  20-30 million easily 

Lol, that buys a premier league striker. How many games did he play there when he was 25?

18 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Lol, that buys a premier league striker. How many games did he play there when he was 25?

whos as prolific in the premier  only aguero who is simlar player

41 minutes ago, ormester said:

whos as prolific in the premier  only aguero who is simlar player

You answer my question first.  🙂

20 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

If only he'd have played for Wednesday eh Jim ?

36 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Well the Owls also had a Pitsmoor born prolific goal scorer (old fashioned No9) a few years ago, he got 46 goals in one season alone.

Edited by St Petre
Add

8 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Don't get me wrong. I'd have taken him when Brian Laws wanted him at Hillsborough. He's been a great striker at the level he plays at and he's playing as well as he's ever done.

I was just having a quiet laugh at the idea he'd be worth £20m-£30m if he was 25. When he was that age he was scoring as many goals as he is now  but couldn't cut it in the Prem.

Yes, in today's market he'd fetch a lot more than the fees he was going for in those days because now the relegated championship clubs are able to splash the cash but £20m-£30m? Maybe half that if he was the right age.

40 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Don't get me wrong. I'd have taken him when Brian Laws wanted him at Hillsborough. He's been a great striker at the level he plays at and he's playing as well as he's ever done.

I was just having a quiet laugh at the idea he'd be worth £20m-£30m if he was 25. When he was that age he was scoring as many goals as he is now  but couldn't cut it in the Prem.

Yes, in today's market he'd fetch a lot more than the fees he was going for in those days because now the relegated championship clubs are able to splash the cash but £20m-£30m? Maybe half that if he was the right age.

Jim, what relegated championship clubs have that sort of money ?

9 hours ago, St Petre said:

Jim, what relegated championship clubs have that sort of money ?

All of them. Parachute payments.

2 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

All of them. Parachute payments.

I see, you mean clubs that are relegated into the championship (from premier), not out of it ( into league 1), I just read it wrong.

21 hours ago, St Petre said:

I see, you mean clubs that are relegated into the championship (from premier), not out of it ( into league 1), I just read it wrong.

At 25 years of age he would be worth around 18 mill in my opinion playing as he is now .When you look at the fees clubs are paying for Championship strikers who are not a patch on him 18 to 20 mill would be about right.Thank god he is nearly 33 otherwise we know who would be leaving in this transfer window .

3 hours ago, petcharlie said:

At 25 years of age he would be worth around 18 mill in my opinion playing as he is now .When you look at the fees clubs are paying for Championship strikers who are not a patch on him 18 to 20 mill would be about right.Thank god he is nearly 33 otherwise we know who would be leaving in this transfer window .

'Boro paid 15 million quid for Assombalonga when he had scored 30 goals in the championship, over three seasons, for Forest.

Billy has scored 30 goals in one and a half seasons in the Championship., still a good few games left before he even gets to two full seasons.