Guitar Shops In sheffield.

Could anyone please recomend me the best place to buy an acoustic guitar in sheffield.

Would have to be reasonably cheap and the closer to the city centre the bette but not essential.

Steel City? London Road - bottom of the Moor>London Road and you'll see it on the left. DON'T go to 'big deal' - rip-off.

There is sound control on city road, about 5 mins drive out of the city centre. I went in there a couple of weeks ago and the guys in the shop were really helpful - and knew their stuff inside out!

Go to Doncaster instead. Electro Music on Copley Road.

Always go to Electro if you are wanting a quality guitar, personally I think Steel city guitars are crap, Wavelength are not bad but don't stock as many good ones as they used to. Both me and my hubby have bought every one of our 14 guitars from Electro and wouldn't go anywhere else.Has to be said that the guys at wavelength are decent, honest blokes though:thumbsup:

Happy strumming

Yes Steel city are not very highly recommended. In sheffield Wavelength is your proper expert shop and Sound control on city road (formerly Carlsboro, then was academy of sound) has a good selection.

But Electro in doncaster gets my vote every time. Much bigger than anything in sheffield, although don't go on saturday if you want to get service because its too damn busy then.

There is a very knowledgeable lad opened up a shop at Greenhill, not sure exactly where but it shouoldn't be difficult to find. He sells guitars and one of our customers was raving about how knowledgeable he is.

I normally use Sound Control opposite the former Centre For Popular Music. The staff are knowledgeable and patient - which is important if you're going to part with your hard earned lolly.

Like muddycoffee says (albeit regarding Electro) go when it's likely to not be busy (as I presume you're buying your first guitar?). Go early, midweek and give yourself a good hour to try out different models.

And another thing: either get them to throw in a hard case (esp. if you're spending over £400) or to offer one at a heavily reduced price. Your guitar will love you more if you carry it around in one of these and not in a pathetic 'gig bag' (and that's it, it IS a bag)!!!

Good luck and enjoy your playing!

Go to Doncaster instead. Electro Music on Copley Road.

Seconded! :thumbsup:

Wavelength gets my vote in Sheffield. Electro in doncaster in the best in the north.