Heinz tomato ketchup

Can anyone remember when, as a new bottle you sometimes had to stick a knife in it to get it flowing. Todays version is **** thin and tasteless, bring back the real stuff.

5 minutes ago, topten said:

Can anyone remember when, as a new bottle you sometimes had to stick a knife in it to get it flowing. Todays version is **** thin and tasteless, bring back the real stuff.

As a Heinz Tom Ketchup user, I have to agree 100%. 

I was going to post the other day about Heinz Baked Beans, but changed my mind. But here you go, what has happened to them, the beans are hardish, and the sauce is like water and just about tasteless. The beans used to be lovely and soft and the juice was thick and tasty.

Just another point, if you open the plastic packs of four carefully the juice has almost seperated and is water thin on the top.

My best guess would be the salt and sugar police have won the day and spoiled the product.

Angel1.

Try the organic version - it tastes better.

You can stick the knife in if you want.

35 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

My best guess would be the salt and sugar police have won the day and spoiled the product.

Angel1.

If they are now healthier, that won't affect how hard the beans are. I know tomato sauce does contain mostly tomatoes, other brands are available, they say that people taste buds decline in old age. Maybe that is why you think they are tasteless?

1 minute ago, El Cid said:

If they are now healthier, that won't affect how hard the beans are. I know tomato sauce does contain mostly tomatoes, other brands are available, they say that people taste buds decline in old age. Maybe that is why you think they are tasteless?

It's not just the taste, the Tom Ketch and the Bean juice are visibly not the same as they once were. Sad to say the nanny state continues unabated.

I take your "taste buds decline in old age" on board, I think you are probably right.

Angel1.

Why not make your own?....All it takes is some tomatoes and vinegar...A little bit of salt and pepper..Bobs your uncle...;)

2 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

It's not just the taste, the Tom Ketch and the Bean juice are visibly not the same as they once were. Sad to say the nanny state continues unabated.

I take your "taste buds decline in old age" on board, I think you are probably right.

Angel1.

Nanny state?

Can you point out which laws have compelled Heinz to change their recipes?

2 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

As a Heinz Tom Ketchup user, I have to agree 100%. 

I was going to post the other day about Heinz Baked Beans, but changed my mind. But here you go, what has happened to them, the beans are hardish, and the sauce is like water and just about tasteless. The beans used to be lovely and soft and the juice was thick and tasty.

Just another point, if you open the plastic packs of four carefully the juice has almost seperated and is water thin on the top.

Angel1.

They've been that way for as long as I remember. Try another brand and give us your opinion. My favourite are Branston.

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

That does not compel any company to do anything

It encourages companies to change the composition of their products to make them more healthy through a set of guidelines.

No foods have been banned. All the unhealthy stuff is still there if you want it. Nobody is stopping you buying it, or enriching products to meet your own tastes.

As for healthier versions they stand or fall on the demand for them. If they sell the companies will continue producing them.

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

They've been that way for as long as I remember. Try another brand and give us your opinion. My favourite are Branston.

Another vote for Branson beans. Lovely.

I much prefer the ''Great British sauce co proper tomato sauce'' tastes really nice

13 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

Branston are good.

Have also found with Heinz, the juice is now way too watery.