Dash cam dangers

Drivers of company vehicles beware of other motorists with dash cams. My son who had a wonderful job that he loved with Royal Mail

has been forced to resign because some stupid high and mighty B M W driver cut him up on St Mary's Gate roundabout and because my son retaliated  the person with no thought for anyone reported him. So beware be polite to everyone who cuts you up it could cost you your job!

I would have thought that was common sense anyway.    

Did he go OTT  Sue? Was it a bit more than sounding the horn?

I can't see the Royal Mail making him resign for just more than someone complaining. It's all about the dashcam - if it shows that you have done something foolish then the company has the evidence they need, and regretaably lots of people do do foolish things when in a liveried vehicle..

One of the best thing ever invented the dash cam, it does not tell lies. Maybe the retaliation was a little ott and the RM had no other option but to release its driver.

Angel1.

As other people have said, if he got fired for something that was caught on dashcam, then maybe his response was more than just a horn honking.

Last night in that horrendous traffic around Meadowhell a RM van shot down the wrong side of the road found he couldnt get through the lights so just sat there on the wrong side of the road blocking off all oncoming traffic.  The junction became totally blocked and in the end he then thought it was a good idea to go through the red lights weaving precariously around the traffic on the junction as spaces appeared.

Now, I have all that on my dash cam, does the OP think that I should report it to the RM, the police or just ignore it ?

4 hours ago, Susan p said:

Drivers of company vehicles beware of other motorists with dash cams. My son who had a wonderful job that he loved with Royal Mail

has been forced to resign because some stupid high and mighty B M W driver cut him up on St Mary's Gate roundabout and because my son retaliated  the person with no thought for anyone reported him. So beware be polite to everyone who cuts you up it could cost you your job!

I suspect there's more to it than your son is telling you. 

5 hours ago, Susan p said:

Without trying to sound uncaring, Well done Royal Mail. Your son obviously drove in a way that was contrary to RM's rules and from what you say he possibly got angry and therefore drove in a dangerous manner which warranted him losing his job.

I never thought I would say this but well done to the BMW driver.

5 hours ago, Susan p said:

Perhaps the person did have thought for people and thought that your sons dangerous driving should be reported for the good of the general public.

41 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Perhaps the person did have thought for people and thought that your sons dangerous driving should be reported for the good of the general public.

Im glad to see Im not the only one who is thinking along these lines. I thought for a minute I was getting all cynical in my old age.

1 hour ago, Ramjit said:

Without trying to sound uncaring, Well done Royal Mail. Your son obviously drove in a way that was contrary to RM's rules and from what you say he possibly got angry and therefore drove in a dangerous manner which warranted him losing his job.

I never thought I would say this but well done to the BMW driver.

It might be a little premature to congratulate the BMW driver. He has evidence of poor driving by the RM driver, who has none. Whilst I would never condone retaliatory driving, we will never know if it was triggered by bad driving on behalf of the BMW driver.