Northern Rail strikes

38 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

he was referring to the fact that you were quoting your own post

So sorry not  good with computers   Only a secondary modern lad . Just try and get my opinions to light ,for all they are worth, hope it did not offend  but thanks again for putting me right.

On 16/06/2022 at 17:24, HeHasRisen said:

I hate to drag people back to the strikes, but it seems Northern will not be operating a single service in South Yorkshire on any of the strike days.

Only routes they are running below. Manchester with no services either, or Newcastle.

• Darlington - Saltburn
  • Liverpool Lime Street - Alderley Edge
  • York - Leeds
  • Ilkley - Bradford Forster Square - Leeds
  • Skipton - Bradford Forster Square - Leeds
  • Leeds - Bradford Forster Square

Seems they have now decided to stretch to an hourly Leeds-Sheffield service

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/people/train-strike-sheffield-here-are-which-services-are-running-during-national-train-strike-starting-tomorrow-3737308

On 20/06/2022 at 13:29, 1978 said:

Very little expected to be running tomorrow and probably best not to rely on even them.

These are what seem to be currently planned for Sheffield;  https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/detailed/gb-nr:SHF/2022-06-21/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=pax-calls&order=wtA

On 20/06/2022 at 13:29, 1978 said:

Very little expected to be running tomorrow and probably best not to rely on even them.

These are what seem to be currently planned for Sheffield;  https://www.realtime

Did any of the people on forum watch the tv play called sherwood last night some off the script rings very true ,   Parliament today bankers rise ,working men should take a drop in pay . Johnson blabbering on about skargill and Corbyn why won,t shaps sit in on meetings . Main union boss says most off the train drivers are in different union , it is mostly for the lower payed   Cleaners etc, teachers and barristers look as if they support strike , this is all about braking the unions thatcher had a good try . Blair bid very little to reverse any of thatcher policies I was never in union but as I have grown older see that they are essential to the ordinary man  

It made me laugh that the unions are celebrating that Merseyrail agreed a 7% pay rise without the intervention of the government.

Yet just a few days ago they and the media were attacking the government for not doing enough and intervening!

6 hours ago, alchresearch said:

It made me laugh that the unions are celebrating that Merseyrail agreed a 7% pay rise without the intervention of the government.

Yet just a few days ago they and the media were attacking the government for not doing enough and intervening!

Please quote me if I am wrong ,but the rmt was backing the Mersey rail on their strike . Not negotiating with them they got their 7 percent on their own . so no need for rmt or the government to get involved  but the government would not anyway 

19 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Johnson must have been gutted this dispute was sorted out. He desperately needs a summer of discontent to get his lying mug off the front pages.

Ironically the unions are doing him a favour 

On 24/06/2022 at 08:16, atticus said:

Johnson must have been gutted this dispute was sorted out. He desperately needs a summer of discontent to get his lying mug off the front pages.

Ironically the unions are doing him a favour 

Just been watching nick farage and grant shapes interview interesting fact bonus payed out in march  6 billion  ,rail workers offered  3 per. Per cent . The fox says he knows nothing about that, what should the rail workers do . Hold up their hands and say well that’s it then  .Arthur was on the picket line in Sheffield on Saturday , he once said us now you next . And boy was he right , but the press and tv did a demolition job on him ,  if you are in your 20s 30s and 40s you did not see much of it well I did , please.  Please  please we do not want more of that  

On 26/06/2022 at 14:45, Slinny said:

Just been watching nick farage and grant shapes interview interesting fact bonus payed out in march  6 billion  ,rail workers offered  3 per. Per cent . The fox says he knows nothing about that, what should the rail workers do . Hold up their hands and say well that’s it then  .Arthur was on the picket line in Sheffield on Saturday , he once said us now you next . And boy was he right , but the press and tv did a demolition job on him ,  if you are in your 20s 30s and 40s you did not see much of it well I did , please.  Please  please we do not want more of that  

As everyone gone on strike 

On 13/06/2022 at 15:42, geared said:

I doubt everyone else will go on strike in support of the train drivers, they get paid enough in the first place.

What a load off rubbish , are you on 9pounds per hour . , why are they food banks , for fun.