Northern Rail strikes

5 hours ago, Hook said:

Funny that - no refusal. Brand new fleet of trains under testing and on its way to Northern. 98 trains. £580m investment. 

Hey let’s  not worry about facts though eh?

Factual procedures in England consist of lots of meaningless talk with little action. If that soothes your worries because in your mind you think a new train is coming good for you.

Last twenty five years my family has come here every time saying "unbelievable are they still using these old trains, do they still work?"

On few of my visits to family I have been surprised without any announcements or pre-knowledge, " wow I thought that train was only few years old, they get a new one already?"

If northern could pay £580m for trains why cant they resolve a simple button argument with personnel?

Personally I don't mind the old trains, they bring up very pleasant memories of journeys I made in India.

Edited by dutch

4 hours ago, dutch said:

Factual procedures in England consist of lots of meaningless talk with little action. If that soothes your worries because in your mind you think a new train is coming good for you.

Last twenty five years my family has come here every time saying "unbelievable are they still using these old trains, do they still work?"

On few of my visits to family I have been surprised without any announcements or pre-knowledge, " wow I thought that train was only few years old, they get a new one already?"

If northern could pay £580m for trains why cant they resolve a simple button argument with personnel?

Personally I don't mind the old trains, they bring up very pleasant memories of journeys I made in India.

The trains are currently undergoing testing, some have been delivered. They will enter service soon. 

Will you  eat your words?

4 hours ago, dutch said:

What trains in India are the same as those in the UK?

Or do you just like arguing without acknowledging facts and continually saying the same thing again and again?

Word are for philosophy, I'll enjoy new trains when they are here now in reality, not in some dream future.

I never said Yorkshire train are same but for some reason they keep reminding of journeys I made in India more so than journeys made in Japan, America, canada, Germany, france.

Edited by dutch

7 hours ago, probedb said:

What trains in India are the same as those in the UK?

Or do you just like arguing without acknowledging facts and continually saying the same thing again and again?

You’ve nailed it spot on. I’ve never seen people clinging to the outside of trains here in the UK because they’re so overcrowded: http://www.businessinsider.com/indias-trains-are-insanely-crowded-2016-2

And at least we don’t need ‘pushers’ like they do in Japan: https://soranews24.com/2017/12/04/one-passenger-pusher-isnt-enough-for-tokyo-area-train-that-needs-three-man-team【video】/

7 hours ago, dutch said:

Word are for philosophy, I'll enjoy new trains when they are here now in reality, not in some dream future.

It’s about time you joined reality then, rather than living in some alternate universe as, shock horror, the trains are here! https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/northern-rail-new-trains-video-15253244

Edited by Hook

7 hours ago, dutch said:

I never said Yorkshire train are same but for some reason they keep reminding of journeys I made in India more so than journeys made in Japan, America, canada, Germany, france.

American trains are shocking with an awful safety record.

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 18:18, dutch said:

Speed of that little line doesn't matter it goes a lot faster than you say. They got brand new trains several times recently while we stay in history. 

Personally I see some charming aspects in it and appreciate the historic old fashioned trains we use in Yorkshire. Every time I get on one of these poorly refurbished trains with old fashioned seats it is a reminder of how important it is to appreciate the beauty of life.  This refusal to move on and buy new trains also leaves us with some special unique identity, visiters love it, it feels like they traveled back in time.

"Zutphen to Apeldoorn train averages 33 mph and stops at 3 stations over 20 miles." Source NS timetable.

"Speed of that little line doesn't matter it goes a lot faster than you say." Please supply source to support your claim.

Being prone to exaggeration is not limited to individuals either. 

The claim on this timetable says that "With your journey at NS you travel without a carbon footprint; our trains run on wind power." This service is diesel only.

Edited by Annie Bynnol

The pacers were supposed to be replaced and leased to another company last year. Problem after problem, delays and we are still waiting.

I am well aware that we are in a culture that lives in the thoughts of what the future should be like while they keep using old pacers today in the present moment. Thinking a new train is coming is not the same thing as actually seeing one drive to the station and open its doors to you.

Even though I am aware that the new trains are planned and are seriously delayed now. In my world I will not say they are here until they actually replaced the old pacers on my routes in Yorkshire. These old pacers have such fun comical seating and interior and make such an old fashioned noise on the tracks, it makes me laugh, they are a joke upon themselves. That is probably what makes the connections to similar laughs I had in India.

Annie, you know nothing about that little line and need to do better research. You seem to be more interested in trolling than seeing that these brand new trains also tilt driving in corners to take them 15% faster. 

I never mentioned that old little line to argue about speed, trains only go round 100km/h on there and it waits a long time in middle for another connection.

If you live in some mental speedy racetrack you missed the point, I simply mentioned they had brand new trains at least four time over last 20 years.

21 hours ago, dutch said:

Word are for philosophy

That's not really an argument for ignoring facts and truths.

Also Annie is not trolling, she's quoting facts back at you.

4 hours ago, dutch said:

Annie, you know nothing about that little line and need to do better research. You seem to be more interested in trolling than seeing that these brand new trains also tilt driving in corners to take them 15% faster. 

I never mentioned that old little line to argue about speed, trains only go round 100km/h on there and it waits a long time in middle for another connection.

If you live in some mental speedy racetrack you missed the point, I simply mentioned they had brand new trains at least four time over last 20 years.

I know that the trains used on this route don't tilt.

I know that there is no connection required in the middle.

I know that the new diesel trains are shorter than the trains it superseded.

I know that it only has two powered axels and therefore would struggle with any leafy Northern Pennine route.

I know how to use how to use a timetable  to calculate average speed.

I also know when to acknowledge that I have made a mistake- the new smaller trains run twice an hour so no need for connection to be made via Deventer.

The Dutch railway system not a good example to use as it has a serious infrastructure problem with regards the power deliverable through its antiquated 1500kV dc supply.

Any comparison of the UK and the  US or Canada is totally ridiculous.

I think part of the issue lies in that people here call their country great. this started at a time when it was doing very well. Over time it has been difficult to keep up and lots of feelings are hurt when reminded it's great but not the greatest anymore. Nothing wrong with that, just took another great pacer to my destination today. Just because it's old and out of date doesn't make it bad. Have a look on Wikipedia, they were only supposed to last twenty years but are still running, something to be proud of.

Knowing what new trains are like makes me question the real intentions of northern to its customers and personel.

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

I know that the trains used on this route don't tilt.

I know that there is no connection required in the middle.

I know that the new diesel trains are shorter than the trains it superseded.

I know that it only has two powered axels and therefore would struggle with any leafy Northern Pennine route.

I know how to use how to use a timetable  to calculate average speed.

I also know when to acknowledge that I have made a mistake- the new smaller trains run twice an hour so no need for connection to be made via Deventer.

The Dutch railway system not a good example to use as it has a serious infrastructure problem with regards the power deliverable through its antiquated 1500kV dc supply.

Any comparison of the UK and the  US or Canada is totally ridiculous.

Send the complaints somewhere else, this has nothing to do with the strikes or delays in getting new trains.

Edited by dutch

1 hour ago, dutch said:

Send the complaints somewhere else, this has nothing to do with the strikes or delays in getting new trains.

Totally agree, lets keep to the topic and ignore posts about how wonderful Dutch Railways are/are not.