Northern Rail strikes

Northern strikes are now every Saturday until the end of January as well...

2 hours ago, Groose said:

Northern strikes are now every Saturday until the end of January as well...

Yes just seen this.

cheers

They've been on strike for weeks over who presses the button to open the doors.  

2 hours ago, verydull said:

Not weeks, since August 18

Sorry there has been that many all these strike days are rolling into one.  They have really lost their power now.  If they ever had any to begin with.

So then folks what do people think of them?  When do you think they will end?  

I have wondered if all the strikes and the total mess they made of the timetable have prompted rail passengers to get in their car and make regular journeys that way.

People need to get to work, if the train companies can no longer provide a reliable service they're going to find other ways of getting there.

Unfortunately for me there has been no other way of getting there and I have seriously had enough of it. 

Every Saturday is just not fair on those of us who need the service every week. 

There is no reason for driver only operation, and it doesn't make sense if it's Money driven as they will lose that money in fares, as all stations are open and not staffed

I suppose the Sat strikes are the least disruptive to the public, even though I was affected after buying  6 advance tickets to Bridlington back in August, and had to cancel. If they strike on week days I think it will affect more people travelling  to work.

Not sure what else they can do.  I do wonder if  strikes in full week blocks would have brought a quicker  resolution.  It would have effected a lot of people, and alienated the public.