Traffic around meadowhall 28/12/18

Guest busdriver1
11 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Why would you go there if you can shop more locally.

You must be lucky though to have such a wide range of shops closer to you than Meadowhall, perhaps you live near the Trafford centre?

Why do you feel the need to go to a large shopping complex? I just decide what I want, go to my local shopping area and buy it. No need to trawl through loads of shops, just go - get - gone. I dont want to spend hours going further afield, checking a dozen different shops selling the same or similar items. My time is spent more constructively than "shopping". If some people want to do that then good luck to them, I certainly dont. 

"Decide what you want" - so like, you decide "I want a shirt".

You then go to a single shop, and they always have exactly the shirt that you wanted, you buy it and leave? 

Or apply that to any purchase.  You always find it in the first shop you go in?

And you're never going shopping for multiple things that would make a large group of shops more useful?

I guess some people are more specific or picky about what they want.

It's not like I shop at meadowhell very often, I do go quite often for the cinema, but that's specifically because it's a better choice than cineworld.

For clothes I tend to pick them up in my lunch hour in town most of the time.

I don't live in the city centre though, so say that I wanted to buy something right now, depending on what it was meadowhall might be the best option, for clothing it almost certainly would be.  The biggest choice in the smallest amount of time, with free parking.

Guest busdriver1

On the rare occasion I go shopping for multiple non essentials I go to Parkgate. Plenty choice there, but Rotherham Town centre normally does it for me. 

If I need a shirt, yes, I just go and buy a shirt, I go into a shirt shop, see what they have and choose one. On a bad day the process takes over 5 minutes. I am not a fashion victim and that makes the process so much easier. :-) 

1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

"Decide what you want" - so like, you decide "I want a shirt".

You then go to a single shop, and they always have exactly the shirt that you wanted, you buy it and leave? 

Or apply that to any purchase.  You always find it in the first shop you go in?

And you're never going shopping for multiple things that would make a large group of shops more useful?

I guess some people are more specific or picky about what they want.

It's not like I shop at meadowhell very often, I do go quite often for the cinema, but that's specifically because it's a better choice than cineworld.

For clothes I tend to pick them up in my lunch hour in town most of the time.

I don't live in the city centre though, so say that I wanted to buy something right now, depending on what it was meadowhall might be the best option, for clothing it almost certainly would be.  The biggest choice in the smallest amount of time, with free parking.

Hmmm... :huh:

... I'm told that it's been scientifically proven that you normally find what you're looking for in the last shop that you go in.

Now if that's true, I can't understand why people don't just go straight there in the first place... :confused:

32 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

... I'm told that it's been scientifically proven that you normally find what you're looking for in the last shop that you go in.

Now if that's true, I can't understand why people don't just go straight there in the first place... :confused:

It"s not that easy Mr Bloke, I hate shopping, and have tried your logic, for eg...……. I wanted a shirt and went into the last shop first, could"nt find what I was looking for, so tried another shop, that immediately relegated the last shop to the first shop :loopy:.  It gets very complicated the more shops you go in, what usually happens , is I finish up in the bookies and lose the shirt that I"m wearing, come home empty handed, minus my shirt that I was intending to replace.. Billy Hill is always my last shop.

1 hour ago, busdriver1 said:

On the rare occasion I go shopping for multiple non essentials I go to Parkgate. Plenty choice there, but Rotherham Town centre normally does it for me. 

If I need a shirt, yes, I just go and buy a shirt, I go into a shirt shop, see what they have and choose one. On a bad day the process takes over 5 minutes. I am not a fashion victim and that makes the process so much easier. :-) 

I think there's a big difference between "fashion victim" and being able to find a shirt you like by just visiting a single shop.

53 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Sometimes the last shop you visit is also the first shop you visited though, and I don't mean when you shop like busdriver by just visiting a single shop! :D

Guest busdriver1
5 hours ago, Cyclone said:

I think there's a big difference between "fashion victim" and being able to find a shirt you like by just visiting a single shop.

Sometimes the last shop you visit is also the first shop you visited though, and I don't mean when you shop like busdriver by just visiting a single shop! :D

I just make do with whats there and then get back to important stuff. After all  a shirt is a shirt no matter what colour or style.