Traffic around meadowhall 28/12/18

Made the mistake of going past meadowhall at around 5pm this afternoon. It was gridlock, never seen it as bad as that. Anyone know what caused it?

3 minutes ago, Broakham said:

Rampant consumerism ?

Is Rampant back?:headbang::love:

Edited by jane2008

Mostly shoppers but added to by an accident on the M1.

A day when the trams and trains look attractive for trips to Meadowhall!

10 hours ago, Colin Foster said:

Made the mistake of going past meadowhall at around 5pm this afternoon. It was gridlock, never seen it as bad as that. Anyone know what caused it?

Too many people using cars. You were one of them.

14 hours ago, Colin Foster said:

...Anyone know what caused it?

70 years of nothing-but-cars transport planning?

4 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Too many people using cars. You were one of them.

Its not our fault that successive governments have built an infrastructure and a society around the individual use of the private car.

43 minutes ago, Hots on said:

Its not our fault that successive governments have built an infrastructure and a society around the individual use of the private car.

Who populates "our"?

Did the Government remove the ability of the individual to predict, evaluate alternatives and make decisions from a group of people or even what day it was?

Did this group actually believe that when they bought a "private car" that the Government would or even could provide them with the infrastructure get them from doorstep to shop without having to share the road and even have to wait in a queue? 

Back in the day there were a few  damned good scrap yards down that way...I miss that stuff.!

Meadowhall wasn't built  for the REAL folks of our City....Just the few. 

25 minutes ago, FinBak said:

Back in the day there were a few  damned good scrap yards down that way...I miss that stuff.!

Meadowhall wasn't built  for the REAL folks of our City....Just the few. 

Oh really. 

Well given the jam packed car parks and massive traffic queues your warped definition of the word few must be a massive number.

P.s. who are these "real" folks of the city you speak of?  Do they not buy things from shops in their world?

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Oh really. 

Well given the jam packed car parks and massive traffic queues your warped definition of the word few must be a massive number.

P.s. who are these "real" folks of the city you speak of?  Do they not buy things from shops in their world?

Nah mate...

I buy my meat from a Butcher...Not many Butchers in Meadowhall ...

It's NOT ME who is warped mate.

Yeah well, when your friendly local butchers shop is open at 8 p.m on a Tuesday evening or on a late weekend afternoon so I can pop in after work I might be tempted.  Until then I will stick to the butchery counter at m&s food hall.

Ever wondered why the car park is so full?  Ever wondered why there is always so much traffic on peak days?  Maybe, just maybe it's because the rest of the 'real' folk who live here, have joined the modern world and stopped harking back to those rose tinted days in the past. 

That land will be making more money to the economy now than it never would have done when it was a few scrap yards.

I think the crowds of vehicles speak for themselves as to it's success and popularity.

Be brave. Go try it out one day, go sit in the traffic queue,  go hunting for a parking space and absorb the retail bug.  You might suddenly decide you like it.

Edited by ECCOnoob