Hermes returns with qr code

Wanting to return a parcel via Hermes, have generated a QR code which can be presented to the drop off point (one stop, Esso garage etc.) where they scan it and produce the return label, haven’t yet been able to find any of the Stores that take parcels that can do this. Anybody know of one in or near S12?

I know how to find the shops, but haven’t found one that can scan and print yet and didn’t want to go round every shop asking.

2 minutes ago, spilldig said:

It's nice when you can return goods. We bought some underwear from a major retailer in the city centre  with totally useless elastic. These items are prepackaged and you cannot open them to inspect before you buy, but it,s underwear so you cannot return it once it's been unpacked, so it would appear to get around any sort of gaurentee, anyway to return to thread I hope you find your store.

Edited by spilldig

45 minutes ago, WasThatWise said:

I know how to find the shops, but haven’t found one that can scan and print yet and didn’t want to go round every shop asking.

are these any help?

https://www.myhermes.co.uk/help/news/myhermes-parcelshops-trial-convenient-in-store-printing-solution.html

https://www.myhermes.co.uk/our-services/print-in-store.html

4 hours ago, spilldig said:

It's nice when you can return goods. We bought some underwear from a major retailer in the city centre  with totally useless elastic. These items are prepackaged and you cannot open them to inspect before you buy, but it,s underwear so you cannot return it once it's been unpacked, so it would appear to get around any sort of gaurentee, anyway to return to thread I hope you find your store.

If the elastic is useless you can rely on the Consumer Rights Act 2015 to return them as they are not of satisfactory quality or fit for purpose. 

Edited by Guest

Good point Sheffiel87.

Sorry to go off topic OP, hope you are now sorted.

Spilldig,  what does prepackaged   mean as opposed to packaged? 

Reason I ask is that I always like to have a good look at underwear I intend buying for the reason of non-return policy, and it avoids hassle  of going back. 

I will ask a member of staff if I can undo the package if that is necessary to see them properly.  

I think it would be reasonable for one package of the range to be open for customers to check.

Edited by Janus

17 minutes ago, Janus said:

Good point Sheffiel87.

Sorry to go off topic OP, hope you are now sorted.

Spilldig,  what does prepackaged   mean as opposed to packaged? 

Reason I ask is that I always like to have a good look at underwear I intend buying for the reason of non-return policy, and it avoids hassle  of going back. 

I will ask a member of staff if I can undo the package if that is necessary to see them properly.  

I think it would be reasonable for one package of the range to be open for customers to check.

Prepackaged by the manufacturer, not the shop Janus, but a very good suggestion there.

9 hours ago, WasThatWise said:

The link I provided has a checkbox to show only “print locations” only. Used it many times.