Hmv going into administration / Now saved

As the title says another big name going into administration.  The link below advises shoppers with vouchers or gift cards to get them spent as they may become worthless.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/hmv-shoppers-warned-spend-any-13785674

List of the stores likely to close, inc Meadowhall and High Street.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/full-list-hmv-stores-risk-13785534

Edited by iansheff

tbh until i went to Meadowhall in November i thought they were only an online presence at the moment anyway.

talk talk next I give them  3 months just look on face book 100s pulling out

Second time in 6 months according to Five Live on the wireless. And 2000 may lose their jobs. What a bum deal that is.

Angel1.

Hardly surprising seeing as downloads have the biggest share of the market. Its a bit like being surprised that the twin tub spares dept has closed at Wigfalls. 

Sadly for the staff music and film downloads are almost perfect for the net, instant and able to store thousands of music downloads on your device.

They already went bust once before, if that wasn't warning enough then I don't know what is.

The pressures on them have only increased since

Naïve I know, but even though there are certain shops and business's that I rarely used, it was always comforting to know that they were there.

Downloads, streaming services (legal and illegal), piracy have/will all but kill the cd/dvd/blu ray market.

we are moving to generations that may never own any of the above but just use Amazon, Netflix, Spotify etc (other products are available)

2 hours ago, WasThatWise said:

Downloads, streaming services (legal and illegal), piracy have/will all but kill the cd/dvd/blu ray market.

we are moving to generations that may never own any of the above but just use Amazon, Netflix, Spotify etc (other products are available)

And its sad really because our kids when they're grown up and we're gone, won't go in our loft spaces and discover and dust off our Apple downloads will they?

32 minutes ago, Hots on said:

And its sad really because our kids when they're grown up and we're gone, won't go in our loft spaces and discover and dust off our Apple downloads will they?

My kids cant wait for me to go cos my house is full of vinyl, cds, tapes, dvds, blurays and computer and console games

Edited by melthebell