Being called sweetheart and petal.

mort

As you seem unable to remain civil the thread is closed and will remain so.   

Message added by mort

6 hours ago, Halibut said:

Believe that there are plenty of men around who trivialise women's experience of harassment or abuse and belittle them?

Of course I do, there are some on this very thread.  You're one of them.

What about when my nan calls me 'love' and 'duck'? Is she harassing, abusing and belittling me?

Course not... because i'm a white male and white males can't be subject to harassment...

(Nothing to do with the fact that she's 80yo and has been talking like that for the better part of a century... also, that she loves me and they are simply pet names)

But, in the spirit of your world, i'll make a call to the police in the morning citing hate-speech...

Grow up!!!

Edited by leviathan13

8 hours ago, leviathan13 said:

What about when my nan calls me 'love' and 'duck'? Is she harassing, abusing and belittling me?

Course not... because i'm a white male and white males can't be subject to harassment...

(Nothing to do with the fact that she's 80yo and has been talking like that for the better part of a century... also, that she loves me and they are simply pet names)

But, in the spirit of your world, i'll make a call to the police in the morning citing hate-speech...

Grow up!!!

A classical case of you not responding to what I actually said, but something quite different. Never mind.

13 hours ago, Halibut said:

A classical case of you not responding to what I actually said, but something quite different. Never mind.

From what i gathered, your comment was around a woman being called 'love' etc. is evidence of misogyny and sexism.

On 12/28/2018 at 12:48 AM, pattricia said:

You are taking things far too seriously.

I agree petal

6 hours ago, kidneystone said:
On 12/28/2018 at 12:48 AM, pattricia said:

You are taking things far too seriously.

I agree petal

Me anall owdluv.... 

If you cannot remain civil then I strongly suggest you do not post.