Being called sweetheart and petal.

mort

As you seem unable to remain civil the thread is closed and will remain so.   

Message added by mort

2 hours ago, Halibut said:

A bit like telling a victim of a sexual assault that it's better than being ignored.

Are you equating being called 'petal' with sexual assault?

9 hours ago, the_bloke said:

Are you equating being called 'petal' with sexual assault?

Don't feed the Troll.

11 hours ago, Hots on said:

Lets cut right to the chase and save a lot of time...are saying that this behaviour should be enforceably banned, bogging down an already stretched police force with yet more whimsical nonsense from the snowflake generation?

No, I was saying that it's impolite.

7 hours ago, Halibut said:

No, I was saying that it's impolite.

Edited by Hots on

22 hours ago, Halibut said:

A bit like telling a victim of a sexual assault that it's better than being ignored.

I think you owe an apology for this comment, given there are likely people reading this who have suffered from a sexual assault, a serious crime that you're trivialising by comparing with being called petal or sweetheart.

14 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I think you owe an apology for this comment, given there are likely people reading this who have suffered from a sexual assault, a serious crime that you're trivialising by comparing with being called petal or sweetheart.

Don't hold your breathe WiseOwl

5 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

On the contrary it is you and others like you who seek to minimise and trivialise women's distress at inept, unwarranted and unwanted sexual advances and innuendos who owe the apology.

8 hours ago, Halibut said:

On the contrary it is you and others like you who seek to minimise and trivialise women's distress at inept, unwarranted and unwanted sexual advances and innuendos who owe the apology.

So you genuinely believe being called "love" or "petal" is (a) an unwanted sexual advance, and (b) comparable to sexual assault. Wow. What planet are you on?

15 hours ago, Halibut said:

You cannot seriously believe that ? 

Edited by Penistone999

27 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

You cannot seriously believe that ? 

Believe that there are plenty of men around who trivialise women's experience of harassment or abuse and belittle them?

Of course I do, there are some on this very thread.  You're one of them.

2 hours ago, Halibut said:

Believe that there are plenty of men around who trivialise women's experience of harassment or abuse and belittle them?

Of course I do, there are some on this very thread.  You're one of them.

calling someone "Petal " or "Luv " or " Sweetheart " is not abuse .

But, of course , you already know that 

Edited by Penistone999

19 hours ago, Halibut said:

The OP described her experience as 'patronising' and 'barf inducing', nor was there any mention of sexual advances and innuendos.  I doubt that any victim of sexual assault would describe their ordeal in these terms. By comparing the two your misandrist prejudices are minimising and trivialising the experiences of genuine victims.