Woodseats History

Good god any it's been a few years since I last saw you it's about 30 years I remember working for keenans what a job that was oh happy days so you not with Christine anymore and yes I lived on the drive same as the holloway twins I still see most of the lads on woodseats now and then something's never change

Well i rember you working with alec keenan and yes they were great days mick, was thinking of coming up to woodseats and maybe meet up with a few of you, dont drink now but can still have a laugh, had it a bit rough the past 3 years with my health but never put a good dog down as they say, all coming back to me again. Not been up there for 20+ years

Good god any it's been a few years since I last saw you it's about 30 years I remember working for keenans what a job that was oh happy days so you not with Christine anymore and yes I lived on the drive same as the holloway twins I still see most of the lads on woodseats now and then something's never change

Am glad that some things never change mick and the memories i still have with woodseats will live forever, as i said , will pop up one day and who knows!!!!!!!!

So sheffield we need your help............

We are looking for a very old picture of the front of Seagraves barbers Woodseats and need your help to find one. You would not believe how many people must have taken a photo of the BigTree with their backs to Seagraves but none the other way round.

We have tried sheffield archives but nothing so any ideas, photos would be great full thanks

I guess you must be the new management at seagrave barbers. Congratulations and good luck.

I would ask the Active 8 publishers if they have any photos as they have often published photos of shops in and around the woodseats area.

Active8 Magazine

Heron Publications

24 Hutcliffe Wood Road

Beauchief

Sheffield

S8 0EX

t. 0114 2357777

f. 0114 2365276

http://www.heronpublications.co.uk

info@heronpublications.co.uk

I hope your successful in your search.

does anyone no barry and pete walker ?

Hi, I left Sheffield in 70s used to live in Woodseats area in 40s and 50s. just wondered how its changed and if any of my old friends are still about.

Hi, I left Sheffield in 70s used to live in Woodseats area in 40s and 50s. just wondered how its changed and if any of my old friends are still about.

You'll be pleased to hear all the takeaways, estate agents, charity shops, nail bars and tattoo parlours that you enjoyed shopping in during that period are still there :):)

The use of buildings may have changed but physically Woodseats is one of the least changed of our suburbs. You might find the traffic a tad heavier than in the 50s though. :)

True Jim but with 4 pelican crossings in a short stretch you'll find it easier to cross the road than drive through it