Ideas on removing drive f is full pop up

any ideas on how to stop this pop up - its driving my friend mad.  I haven't got the problem so any tips would be appreciated.

Hi - Would like to help, but there is far too little info to go on, I am afraid!

The fact that it refers to a drive, indicates that the PC as multiple drives and the one named as the F: drive is full and needs de-cluttering to create space.

Suggestion: Go to "This PC"/My Computer where it shows all the local hard disks and see any that are full (or nearly full) identify and delete unnecessary content.

Disclaimer: Please do not hold me liable for any undesired consequences following advice I am giving in good faith!

the f drive shows its empty I think the problem is far more complex than just having a clean up

3 minutes ago, smary said:

the f drive shows its empty I think the problem is far more complex than just having a clean up

PM me if you like, providing a screenshot? What is the total size of the F Drive? And do we know the PC is virus-free?

4 hours ago, smary said:

Does it show 0/XXXGB used, or when you open it is it just empty?

It could be that it "looks" empty but the files are hidden system files that you cannot see...

as said above though, a picture/screenshot would help more :)

If you (or your friend) does not know how to screen shot, use the 'snipping tool' that is in windows to select the folder view you refer to, email it to you and then you could post it here - that is the great thing with the new forum layout, you can upload screenshots

Edited by swarfendor437

will get back to you when I next go to see her - she hasn't got much computer knowledge so I will have to be present to guide her.  She di say she had tried to follow the Microsoft advice but it hadnt worked.

My guess is that it's an  HP machine with some automated backup installed, this has been filling a partition of you main C drive over time. If you can find the program then you can deactivate it, or uninstall it. Another solution is to increase the partition size.

it happened to my pc after a windows  update (1803) 

google is your friend on this one, I removed the drive by using cmd 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-f-creation-after-windows-10-update/8ca93aef-41fa-4680-9d64-942507d2a9a1

as previous poster do this at your own risk but it worked for me