Loosing interest

Is it just me ? or are people loosing interest in This forum . there doesn't seem to be anything interesting about it anymore.

Yes I agree! has the job section gone altogether or am I missing something!

1 minute ago, neilf said:

Yes I agree! has the job section gone altogether or am I missing something!

This is from the orange announcement at the top of every forum page...

The Marketplace section of the site (which incorporates the Classified Ads, Property Ads and Job Ads) is temporarily unavailable. A new system will be launched soon, but in the meantime we are not accepting posts of this nature on the forum - so please refrain from attempting to post them in other sections.

We hope to get the new Classifieds area online soon.

For me It has lost some gloss, mainly due to those hardcore posters that have to have  a challenging opinion on every post, until it's becomes a tiresome and ridiculous, calling out of  the uneducated, right v left or being Hilters bestie.

Often I refrain from making a contribution, especially  when it could be wasted energy as far  to many deleted and locked threads.......it would be far better to Ban the users that continually drag them down.

Couple of recent lockdowns  had worthwhile information, but rather than deal with the persistent offender, I guess it's easier to just shutdown a thread or two.

yet the ten of thousands  posts on Europe, Brexit  remains a  pit of insults and tribalism 

The Forum is still worth a cursory glance whilst online, 

I miss the classifieds, but as stated umpteen times, it's not ready yet.

I'm only left wondering which overinflated Ego will step up first.

Edited by steve68

I like looking at the classifieds but I get that it will take time to get it up and running,  Because it's not there I don't look in here as much, but I'm bored is main  place I post  because as has been said there are a few posters that continually drag threads down.

13 minutes ago, steve68 said:

For me It has lost some gloss, mainly due to those hardcore posters that have to have  a challenging opinion on every post, until it's becomes a tiresome and ridiculous, calling out of  the uneducated, right v left or being Hilters bestie.

Often I refrain from making a contribution, especially  when it could be wasted energy as far  to many deleted and locked threads.......it would be far better to Ban the users that continually drag them down.

Couple of recent lockdowns  had worthwhile information, but rather than deal with the persistent offender, I guess it's easier to just shutdown a thread or two.

yet the ten of thousands  posts on Europe, Brexit  remains a  pit of insults and tribalism 

Hmmm... :huh:

... well that'll be me then! ;)

But I've got to agree with you.

The main problem is there's no fun here anymore.

I've no idea why the forum has been allowed to go the way it has, but it's definitely one reason fewer people are visiting. :(

13 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

I've no idea why the forum has been allowed to go the way it has, but it's definitely one reason fewer people are visiting. :(

That and Christmas, I agree though it is quieter than usual, the forum has £££££ signs written all over it now, subjects right across the board will always suffer for that.

26 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Nah your Ego is Fun, but can't make my mind up your video or Rampant's although I have watched yours more:clap:

6 hours ago, steve68 said:

Its almost like ten or so posters with huge counts are being used as a convenient way of shutting down threads.

If you have a complaint over what a user is posting and it breaks our Terms of Service, you will need to report it. The posts on the forum are not actively monitored so we can only take action on things if they are reported to us.

It’s gone down hill over a long period of time but the new forum format doesn’t seem user friendly and people just can’t be bothered with it,a dedicated new posts button would help with me until then it’s a quick look when I’m bored with the rest of the net.

such a shame this used to be such a helpful and enjoyable forum,well as they say"all good things come to an end"