Recommendations for cheap, professional flyer printers

Hi there

I'm planning to get a run of about 500-1000 flyers done for a small side business that I'm trying to get off the ground. The flyers will be designed by myself, but as someone on a low income I need a printer who will do the job for a good price while keeping the finished prints good quality. It would also be a great help if the printer in question allowed me to do a few individual prints beforehand to get a grasp of the quality of the papers, the glossiness of the flyers, colour fidelity, etc.

There are also a few things that I'd like clearing up, such as whether the design I provide will need to include bleed and what the standard size for flyers in the UK is (A5?).

Can anyone recommend someone?

Thanks

Edited by Hashim

10 hours ago, Easy livin said:

i have used minuteman printers in attercliffe for yrs. 

can really recomend

Hi, will they allow me to provide the design myself and experiment with individual prints before printing the whole run out? Also do you know if the designs they use need to include a bleed or trim?

51 minutes ago, soad said:

Hey soad, have you used these printers before?

If so, do you know if they'll allow me to provide the design myself and experiment with individual prints before printing the whole run out? Also do you know if the designs they use need to include a bleed or trim?

Hi,i've not personally used them but know several people that have and as you can see by their web site that they are very competitive, you definitely need bleed and i'd would say your better off with A6,as for experimenting with individual prints you'll do well to find many printing firms that have the time to do this the only thing i could suggests is drop them an email,you never know. 

If you go to the link and go to the bottom of the page,product spec and click on the  artwork spec  this should answer most of your questions.

Hope this helps.

I'd get a graphic designer to do it for you. Lots of printers are just printers. They'll print whatever you send. Especially for 500-1000, it is such a small quantity, they'll not want to mess about. Get it designed properly, it won't cost a fortune and you'll get a much better result.