Violent women

mort

Closed for review

Message added by mort

Some  months ago I was witness to a violent altercation between 3 women and a man who was minding his own business. This guy was stood waiting for a taxi when without warning a women ran up to him and pushed him into the road this was closely followed by two other women jumping on the man and started to beat him. The level of violence used was astonishing, I stopped my car and prepared to intervene however this man got up from the floor and punched his attackers until they had enough and left him alone. Withing a few minutes the police arrived, wrestled this guy to the floor and arrested him.

Long story short I gave a statement saying what I saw yet the man was still hauled into court. I acted as a witness for his defense and it has all now been sorted in so far as he now faces no further charges and is a free man  yet his attackers who started the whole drama then lied to the police and the courts faced no charges at all. In a society that prides itself on equality, is this right?

I think not. I feel from what I witnessed the attackers should have been arrested, charged and faced the courts themselves yet when I spoke to the police officer who attended the incident her response was "its never ok to hit a woman".

I hate violence in all its forms but in this case this man was merely acting in self defense yet had his life turned upside down and the aggressors faced no repercussions for their actions.

What are your thoughts on this?

This week on tv a man was being interviewed who had started a help group for men abused by their partners. The incidence of reports from these abused men is very low, but I believe they should have the same rights as women.

35 minutes ago, Ramjit said:

Some  months ago I was witness to a violent altercation between 3 women and a man who was minding his own business. This guy was stood waiting for a taxi when without warning a women ran up to him and pushed him into the road this was closely followed by two other women jumping on the man and started to beat him. The level of violence used was astonishing, I stopped my car and prepared to intervene however this man got up from the floor and punched his attackers until they had enough and left him alone. Withing a few minutes the police arrived, wrestled this guy to the floor and arrested him.

Long story short I gave a statement saying what I saw yet the man was still hauled into court. I acted as a witness for his defense and it has all now been sorted in so far as he now faces no further charges and is a free man  yet his attackers who started the whole drama then lied to the police and the courts faced no charges at all. In a society that prides itself on equality, is this right?

I think not. I feel from what I witnessed the attackers should have been arrested, charged and faced the courts themselves yet when I spoke to the police officer who attended the incident her response was "its never ok to hit a woman".

I hate violence in all its forms but in this case this man was merely acting in self defense yet had his life turned upside down and the aggressors faced no repercussions for their actions.

Time for guys to form their own #Me Too . org. Seriously though, this is only going to get worse when cops are coming out with crap like what the officer  said to you.

Edited by Ontarian1981

I think the key word is reported. Because the number  female victims of domestic abuse are as high as they are I think there’s still the spectre of blame attached to men when it does happen to men, certainly if the police get involved. Cast your mind back a few years and press had a good laugh at Ross Kemp reporting his then-wife (?) Rebekah  Brooks for assault. If it happened the other way round, they’d have taken a different view. 

In that situation, well...who knows how I would have reacted, but my first instinct would be to have removed myself from the situation without getting violent.  Easier said than done though and I understand the law condones "reasonable force" in self-defence - so I guess I'd have reverted to reasonable force to allow me to defend myself and then remove myself from the situation. 

The comment from the police officer was a sexist one in my opinion.  I don't think it's right for a man to hit a woman either.  But I also don't think it's right for a man to hit another man.  So, the gender is an irrelevance in this case, but it gives a clue as to how this chap, assuming he was innocent, ended up in a court of law facing charges.  

(Interesting how some of the other responses so far have ignored the OP's story and gone on to talk about different examples instead).

Edited by DerbyTup

8 hours ago, Ramjit said:

I think that your story all sounds very odd.

The police ignored your evidence that he was acting in self defence, the CPS ignored that evidence as well, it went to court, and he was acquitted...

And the three women attacked a guy waiting for a taxi with no apparent reason?  But the same women then reported him to the police, and he hadn't made a report himself?

17 minutes ago, DerbyTup said:

In that situation, well...who knows how I would have reacted, but my first instinct would be to have removed myself from the situation without getting violent.  Easier said than done though and I understand the law condones "reasonable force" in self-defence - so I guess I'd have reverted to reasonable force to allow me to defend myself and then remove myself from the situation. 

The comment from the police officer was a sexist one in my opinion.  I don't think it's right for a man to hit a woman either.  But I also don't think it's right for a man to hit another man.  So, the gender is an irrelevance in this case, but it gives a clue as to how this chap, assuming he was innocent, ended up in a court of law facing charges.  

(Interesting how some of the other responses so far have ignored the OP's story and gone on to talk about different examples instead).

What makes you think that you could "remove" yourself from three people attacking you with intent WITHOUT using force?

I think it's a work of fiction authored by someone with an axe to grind.

5 hours ago, Cyclone said:

I think that your story all sounds very odd.

Given that the poster Ramjit has form for posting some pretty vile homophobic and misogynist content, I would take his story with a very large spoonful of salt! :suspect:

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Given that the poster Ramjit has form for posting some pretty vile homophobic and misogynist content, I would take his story with a very large spoonful of salt! :suspect:

Yep I agree.

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Your choice entirely brother but don't be offended if I lose no sleep over that.

4 hours ago, Halibut said:

I think it's a work of fiction authored by someone with an axe to grind.

You are entitled to your view.

I respect that.

15 hours ago, Ramjit said:

Self defence is self defence.

You should be allowed to defend yourself if you're getting punched, but you're not if it's a woman that's attacking you.

Society says you're not allowed to fight back.

17 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Time for guys to form their own #Me Too . org.

There are indeed some sincere people with honest motives involved with #MeToo but in the main that is a poisonous and divisive organisation.

#MeToo, Occupy, Black Lives Matter, Antifa etc etc, are not really separate entities, they're largely the same people involved as activists; they're tentacles of the same communist/Marxist octopus.

Edited by Hots on