Hp laptop won't boot up.

Tried to boot up my hp laptop tonight without success. Press start button laptop  start's to boot but after about 3 second's just shuts down.

Try removing the battery and starting just using the mains power, had a similar issue and was the battery that was at fault.

And if you are still having problems, contact MoZaLaN - he is great at sorting out Notebook issues.

2nd entry down

My Advice is...

Take battery out of device whether its a mobile/tablet or PC!! Then Plug the correct power source into the device and turn on! If it Works, Slide the battery bk onto device (If Can,give it 2-4 mins max), then remove the power lead.

If the device stays on BONUS! Just switch it off and leave it to charge for stated hours described in the manual..no Manual? A couple of hrs would do to ensure you it works OK!

If it doesn't.. Find a reset button.. Can be tricky to find but need a sewing pin to press.. If not try holding power button & Volume Down.. or Up/Both  for 60 Seconds.

Finally,all else fails I could assist you if in Sheffield.. Many thanks,Sean. 🙂