Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

Hp laptop won't boot up.

Tried to boot up my hp laptop tonight without success. Press start button laptop  start's to boot but after about 3 second's just shuts down.

Try removing the battery and starting just using the mains power, had a similar issue and was the battery that was at fault.

And if you are still having problems, contact MoZaLaN - he is great at sorting out Notebook issues.

2nd entry down

My Advice is...

Take battery out of device whether its a mobile/tablet or PC!! Then Plug the correct power source into the device and turn on! If it Works, Slide the battery bk onto device (If Can,give it 2-4 mins max), then remove the power lead.

If the device stays on BONUS! Just switch it off and leave it to charge for stated hours described in the manual..no Manual? A couple of hrs would do to ensure you it works OK!

If it doesn't.. Find a reset button.. Can be tricky to find but need a sewing pin to press.. If not try holding power button & Volume Down.. or Up/Both  for 60 Seconds.

Finally,all else fails I could assist you if in Sheffield.. Many thanks,Sean. 🙂