Millennium bug?

Did you Buy yourself a New Computer due to this Hype?

Does it still work for You?

Nearly 19 years ago now??  What makes you think anyone still cares??

When this issue raised it's head (my job at the time involved installing the Y2K fix to one of the Council's Department's entire inventory) I was curious to see what the Amiga BIOS date went up to - 2099! I'll be long gone! :hihi:

Edited by swarfendor437

There were no real issues with home computers anyway, the issues were with software running on older system (mainframes commonly) where the year was stored as 2 digits.

I was working on a short contract doing Y2K work in 1998 for a well known builders merchant, as part of a thank you for doing the work (which didn't uncover anything serious that wasn't fixed with patches/replacement) I was gifted a rather sexy desk clock with both an analogue and digital display that displayed the date. It wasn't Y2K compliant and as soon as it hit 2000 the date rolled back to 1970 even though it was four digits..

Lol...what a lovely present...

Maybe they hadn't thought that one through else

maybe they got it cheap from....in China?

I personally never had any involvement with Amiga's, but I did like my Atari ST, which I still retain.

On 1/2/2019 at 2:13 PM, DeZeus said:

Lol...what a lovely present...

Maybe they hadn't thought that one through else

maybe they got it cheap from....in China?

I personally never had any involvement with Amiga's, but I did like my Atari ST, which I still retain.

I never bothered with the keyboard variety - I was determined to get a box proper - Amiga 1500, 1 Mb of onboard RAM, 2 amiga floppy disks - later upgraded it with 2 Mb Zip RAM on Oktagon SCSI controller with 1 Gb SCSI hard drive - it booted quicker than my AMD 400 rig with 128 Mb RAM. And shut down time? The time it takes to reach to the back of the box and use the rocker switch. Perfick!

Edited by swarfendor437
typo