So who now after jos?

I would have Carlos back, with strict conditions :-

1.  Someone hammers home to him the importance of fitness and conditioning.

2. The fitness/medical team have the final say on when an injured player is fit to return.

3. He has more confidence in his academy players instead of wasting money panic buying 3rd rate players.

I always got the impression that the players were nervous under JL and scared to make mistakes.

Edited by Broakham

prediction

steve bruce arrives

ground sold/then rented back

then we clear out and sort out for 2019 season

then promotion

simples and great idea,not had a beer either

Edited by bassett one

This is the first manager sacking I support at Wednesday, I've always defended the managers to the hilt, but Jos clearly did not have the ability to make the squad play well. I appreciate that he managed to put youngsters into the first team and that is about it. The football was dire, key players were not performing under him. Time for my fellow countryman to return back home.

Who next though? I'd like to see the mentality of bringing youngsters through preserved, that (to me) means going to Germany/Netherlands again. Roll the dice, give it to Frank de Boer.

Well, not really the spirit of Christmas is it?, and a bit harsh on Jos, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.   You can only really lay Pelupessy at his door, he was not at fault for any of the other signings.

I assume he got a decent pay off,  so maybe he is walking away smiling (which would be a first).

Edit: According to the barman in my local, who is a big SWFC supporter, last night, he was saying that sports journalist Alan Nixon was saying that the next appointment is a "bizarre" choice?, when pushed whether that was "bizarre good, or bizarre bad", he said "bizarre, bizarre", so maybe Carlos coming back?

Edited by Grappler

20 minutes ago, Grappler said:

Well, not really the spirit of Christmas is it?, and a bit harsh on Jos, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.   You can only really lay Pelupessy at his door, he was not at fault for any of the other signings.

I assume he got a decent pay off,  so maybe he is walking away smiling (which would be a first).

Edit: According to the barman in my local, who is a big SWFC supporter, last night, he was saying that sports journalist Alan Nixon was saying that the next appointment is a "bizarre" choice?, when pushed whether that was "bizarre good, or bizarre bad", he said "bizarre, bizarre", so maybe Carlos coming back?

Hmmm... :huh:

... well I think it's very nice of them to try to introduce a new tradition of giving their managers time off to spend with their family at the busiest time of the year! :thumbsup:

Ex Fulham manager wants a new job ,just read this on the Daily Mirror website,Bruce supposed to be offered 2m to take the job,but it might not just a manager we need its a Director of football him to advise Mr Chansiri not very good in knowing how to run a english football

28 minutes ago, Grappler said:

Has tha  ever been int building trade, getting sack at Christmas was a common occurrence , just a kick up arse and don't bother coming back after the one and a half day holiday . A couple of million quid would have made a big difference to getting the sack.

1 hour ago, Albert smith said:

Has tha  ever been int building trade, getting sack at Christmas was a common occurrence , just a kick up arse and don't bother coming back after the one and a half day holiday . A couple of million quid would have made a big difference to getting the sack.

Yes a big pay off helps, agree with that.

We need Carlos back in Sheffield, because at the end of the day, it is still a 20 pound note .

A squad full of injuries, not playing well and no money and club possibly up for sale, if club is sold you might get someone decent to come in, if not sounds like a job for Sir Colin of Warnock.

4 hours ago, tzijlstra said:

This is the first manager sacking I support at Wednesday, I've always defended the managers to the hilt, but Jos clearly did not have the ability to make the squad play well. I appreciate that he managed to put youngsters into the first team and that is about it. The football was dire, key players were not performing under him. Time for my fellow countryman to return back home.

Who next though? I'd like to see the mentality of bringing youngsters through preserved, that (to me) means going to Germany/Netherlands again. Roll the dice, give it to Frank de Boer.

2 hours ago, Grappler said:

2 hours ago, Grappler said:

They're not signing Jos again on a different contract ? Perhaps BIG Chansiri is going to do the job himself

Well, at least it was done "sensitively" before Christmas Eve, unlike the case of one of his predecessors.

14 minutes ago, boldforester said:

Well, at least it was done "sensitively" before Christmas Eve, unlike the case of one of his predecessors.

If I was rubbish at my job my work wouldn't think twice sacking me xmas eve so I don't see why it should be any different for football managers considering what they earn