So who now after jos?

5 hours ago, Grappler said:

Well, not really the spirit of Christmas is it?, and a bit harsh on Jos, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.   You can only really lay Pelupessy at his door, he was not at fault for any of the other signings.

I assume he got a decent pay off,  so maybe he is walking away smiling (which would be a first).

Edit: According to the barman in my local, who is a big SWFC supporter, last night, he was saying that sports journalist Alan Nixon was saying that the next appointment is a "bizarre" choice?, when pushed whether that was "bizarre good, or bizarre bad", he said "bizarre, bizarre", so maybe Carlos coming back?

Hiya Grappler, hope you are well matey.

In reference to the silk purse, practically the same squad (bar injuries, many of which dubious) performed much better in a similar league last year.

Steve Bruce's sidekicks  Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence are watching at Hillsborough today.

Rumour is they will be Caretaker Managers until Bruce arrives in January,

Wednesday have at least shown some imagination in managerial appointments in recent years. But Steve Bruce? Seriously? Smacks of desperation. He might get to play-offs or even runners up on past performance, but he's no long-term prospect. Just scraping promotion might bring short-lived satisfaction, but the fall will come quickly. And back to square one...

5 minutes ago, Temuchin said:

Wednesday have at least shown some imagination in managerial appointments in recent years. But Steve Bruce? Seriously? Smacks of desperation. He might get to play-offs or even runners up on past performance, but he's no long-term prospect. Just scraping promotion might bring short-lived satisfaction, but the fall will come quickly. And back to square one...

I won't mind just scraping promotion.

25 minutes ago, bassett one said:

i second that,once up then we can choose who we want

On the cheaper end of the scale