Drone at gatwick strands 350,000 people.

Vaati

Any further personal comments will result in accounts being suspended.

Message added by Vaati

I'm surprised no one has commented on the shambles at Gatwick airport caused by a rogue Drone flying over the airport.  350,000 people have had their holiday plans ruined, and the disruption could last until after Christmas.  And the knock on effect is affecting many airports, even abroad. Once again we must be a laughing stock (except nobody's laughing.....  

Surely this sort of thing was bound to happen sooner or later and proper contingency plans should have been in place.

In spite of pleas for over 2 years from the Civil aviation authority, Pilots, Air- traffic controllers and other interested parties exhorting the government to install anti drone technology, which is readily available, it has failed to act. 

Another example of the Conservative's dereliction of duty. 

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

I'm surprised no one has commented on the shambles at Gatwick airport caused by a rogue Drone flying over the airport.  350,000 people have had their holiday plans ruined, and the disruption could last until after Christmas.  And the knock on effect is affecting many airports, even abroad. Once again we must be a laughing stock (except nobody's laughing.....  

Surely this sort of thing was bound to happen sooner or later and proper contingency plans should have been in place.

In spite of pleas for over 2 years from the Civil aviation authority, Pilots, Air- traffic controllers and other interested parties exhorting the government to install anti drone technology, which is readily available, it has failed to act. 

Aparently the airport is closed again, another sighting.

Good opertunity for the clay pidgeon shooters.  PULL. :hihi:

Because it's down South?

Those clowns saying 'Bring it on' to a no deal Brexit ought to think what it will be like if this happens to every airport in the UK along with every passenger port.

Edited by Top Cats Hat

56 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Because it's down South?

Those clowns saying 'Bring it on' to a no deal Brexit ought to think what it will be like if this happens to every airport in the UK along with every passenger port.

😬😬

There is another forum for this foolishness.

It annoyed and inconvenienced Jeremy Clarkson so its all good. I hate that arsehole.

2 minutes ago, Hots on said:

It annoyed and inconvenienced Jeremy Clarkson so its all good. I hate that arsehole.

But a very amusing one at that, but lets not get bogged down with oo calls what to oo. 

There was an article on The One show yesterday Thurs . These young  university guys have invented a drone catcher what looks like a surface to air launcher. It fires a net and when this catches the drone a small parachute brings the drone to the ground.

It is hard to believe that the authorities are letting something like this cause so much disruption when several solutions are available.

3 minutes ago, Janus said:

It is hard to believe that the authorities are letting something like this cause so much disruption when several solutions are available.

I suspect that they are not letting it happen.

If a drone is spotted in the area they have no choice but to close the runway.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

I thought they were asking the drone no-fly zone to be extended. Can you post some info links about the pleas for anti-drone tech, from the bodies you mention? 

I  did a seach on google as I was interested and there is stuff available.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I suspect that they are not letting it happen.

If a drone is spotted in the area they have no choice but to close the runway.

We know that, but no one is blasting the drones out of the sky.

2 minutes ago, Janus said:

We know that, but no one is blasting the drones out of the sky.

With what?