Foxhill road. s6 5by Unsafe steps

20th December 2018  Yesterday I visited my sister and after parking our car on the side of the road was surprised to see the steps of the embankment leading to the footpath in front of my sisters home were almost impossible to navigate.   The stone treads of these steps are almost vertical instead of horizontal as they should be.   My arms were full of Christmas presents for the family as well as shopping and I could not hold on to the one railing available for public use.   I had to slowly descend the stairway one step at a time.    It has only to be a matter of time before a serious accident and injury happens to a member of the public, thus costing Council many thousands of pounds in insurance and legal fees.  Especially applicable with the approach of winter frosts, ice and snow.  My husband,  a retired builder, commented that it would not take much effort, money or time to correct the steps to their horizontal position.

As my sister's husband is suffering from cancer and has to make frequent visits every week to the hospital for treatment, I am writing to Council offices in the hope of making someone aware of the state of these publiclyused steps and the public safety consideration for insurance risks.  Perhaps someone can investigate for safety. 

Fix my street is a useful website to report faults 

Council have been notified and my message passed on to Amey.   Just hope this will help.   Those steps are horrible.

If you've reported it to the council their contractor should visit and make the steps safe.

Thanls for advice.   Council have listed it for a permanent repair.

If you think you think that the steps are unsafe, you have obviously carried out an assessment. Therefore do not use them.