Would you say a sign saying 'girls toys' is inappropriate?

Vaati

The bickering can cease, otherwise accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

4 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

Of course it's ridiculous. My grandson won a doll in a raffle at the Christmas fayre, and he was mortified. Boys are boys and girls are girls and they can play with what they want, but it's good to know that toys are separated.

That's only because he's been conditioned into that response. There's nothing innate in a boy that makes dolls unsuitable or unappealing.

Just now, leviathan13 said:

Are you claiming that a trans woman isn't a real woman? That's a bit transphobic, isn't it?

I'm claiming nothing of the sort as you well know. Grow up a bit and do yourself a favour.

25 minutes ago, Halibut said:

That's only because he's been conditioned into that response. There's nothing innate in a boy that makes dolls unsuitable or unappealing.

I'm claiming nothing of the sort as you well know. Grow up a bit and do yourself a favour.

Or maybe most girls naturally prefer dolls and most boys naturally prefer trucks...?

38 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

Of course it's ridiculous. My grandson won a doll in a raffle at the Christmas fayre, and he was mortified. Boys are boys and girls are girls and they can play with what they want, but it's good to know that toys are separated.

Why? What would be the problem with a boy playing with a pram and a girl playing with a truck ?

16 minutes ago, truman said:

Why? What would be the problem with a boy playing with a pram and a girl playing with a truck ?

Depends how are of they are. Not all interests are interchangeable. Yes you see teenage girls playing football but you don't see teenage boys playing with Barbie dolls.

20 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

Depends how are of they are. Not all interests are interchangeable. Yes you see teenage girls playing football but you don't see teenage boys playing with Barbie dolls.

I doubt if you see many teenage girls playing with Barbie dolls.

The question is why not?   Why shouldn't teenage boys play with them if they choose to do so.   That's the whole point.

Whose decision was it that a barbie doll must be for girls and an action man doll must be for boys. 

A toy is a toy.   A doll is just a piece of moulded plastic.   

Edited by ECCOnoob

2 hours ago, Halibut said:

Children's toys are toys, irrespective of who plays with them.

Baby and toddler clothes are clothes irrespective of who wears them, is it wrong to label them as boys and girls clothes?

My wish for the new year for all the PC Brigade, for Gods sake get a life !

Girls do and always have been able to have toys that are traditionally marketed at boys.

To make a general point, "Diversity" is what the progressive left always promote, yet if they get their way,  boys and girls will dress and behave in the same way with no differences between them.

39 minutes ago, lazarus said:

My wish for the new year for all the PC Brigade, for Gods sake get a life !

Those poisonous and divisive Marxist snakes are best ignored.

3 hours ago, 26b-6 said:

Or maybe most girls naturally prefer dolls and most boys naturally prefer trucks...?

Most boys naturally prefer girls.

3 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Thats a fair comment ... What next public conveniences men women and one in middle saying transexuals ...

I believe that the answer is Men, Women and Gender Fluid for the third.

Angel1.

In the fifties when I was in infant school my class won a road safety competition. The local vicar came to present us with our certificates and prizes. Footballs for the boys and beautiful pink brush and comb sets for the girls. When it was my turn I was presented with a football and a certificate with the male version of my name on it. The teacher swiftly crossed out the name, wrote my name in and told me I'd have to put up with the football as there were no brush sets left. I think it's safe to say I've not been left permanently scarred other than an intense dislike of anything to do with football 😄