Financial/Mortgage advisor recommendations

Hiya, I'm looking for recommendations of an impartial financial adviser and/or mortgage adviser to help with the remortgage of my house and general finance management. We live in Hillsborough. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance xxx

We have a great lady who sorts our mortgage out- PM me for her details.

Highly recommend Jones & Co in Chesterfield.

Hello,

can anyone recommend an advisor? I normally sort out my own re-mortgages but with an hectic work schedule I could do with a little help this time to ensure I get the best deal.

any help appreciated 

Thank you 

Hello, 

thank you for recommending me Wacko Jacko however I’m no longer at Optimum. My number is  07921392110.

thank you 

Try Vouched For or Unbiased.com to find local and recommended advisers

On 12/30/2018 at 9:24 PM, Lancs_Lad said:

From money saving expert 

https://www.landc.co.uk/

I used these a couple of times when I changed my mortgage,all done over the phone and completely

free. Fantastic service.

However they only do mortgages as far as I am aware.

Can someone recommend some one for pensions?

Edited by gord115
added info

On 12/20/2018 at 11:43 AM, em2656 said:

Hiya, I'm looking for recommendations of an impartial financial adviser and/or mortgage adviser to help with the remortgage of my house and general finance management. We live in Hillsborough. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance xxx

By all means look into some of the suggestions you will get to this thread, but be careful.  Personal recommendations may be well-intended but you need to do your research properly.   I can maybe give you a couple of tips?

First of all,  you have mentioned the word "impartial".  How do you know if a financial adviser is "impartial"?  To be clear, this means that they don't favour one company over another.  I think that's impossible to know, however, what you can find out is if a financial adviser is "independent".  Many claim to be "independent" but aren't.  The first thing you should be looking for is confirmation that they are a) Independent and b) "Full market".  This means that they do not work for one of the lending companies and are able to review the offers from all companies in the market to find you the best deal.

Some "Independent" financial advisers are effectively employees of lending companies.   Some are "Independent" to a point - but they only compare a small number of companies, not the whole market.

Two simple questions to ask

1 ."Are you totally Independent?"

2. "Do you search the full market?"

I'd begin there if I were you.  Then at least you know the person who is advising you is not tied or connected in some way to one lender over another.  He or she may still favour some companies over others though - but ultimately it's your choice who to go with.

Like any other service I would always recommend comparing three different mortgage advisors before choosing one. Even if you have a recommendation from a friend or relative, still have a consultation and compare them with two others. Also follow the tips from the money advice service for choosing an adviser here:

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/choosing-a-mortgage-shop-around-or-get-advice

I did all the above to find esther at independent mortgage experts and she did a brilliant job when our previous lender suddenly decided they weren't interested in helping when we wanted to move. Esther turned a desperate situation into massive relief when she found us a mortgage with a high street lender way cheaper than we expected to get. Our fixed rate is due to end next year and we'll be contacting esther to get another fix deal.