Anyone have any steve clark (of def leppard) stories? or any dl member?

Please do tell. Would love to hear what you have to say. 

Edited by Paris_678

Well I was born in Parker’s Road, Broomhill which backed onto Turner’s Lane. In Turner’s Lane were a lot of businesses mainly vehicle related. My Dad’s family had a haulage business housed in a garage opposite a yard of a garage,filling station. At this garage worked a mechanic Calle Joe Elliot who, many years later, would become the father of Def Leppard lead Joe.

We were doing a quiz in The Princess Royal many years ago and one of the questions was a list of, at the time, unknown band members. We didn't have a clue until an old lady friend of ours leant over and whispered, it's Def Leppard, I'm their mum's cleaner and they rehearse in her garage.

Was on nodding and greeting terms with joe. He lived on Crookes road in Sheffield and he used to get off the circular bus at top of Crookesmoor road as I was walking home. Always a smile and a hello. He was dishy then lol

Worked with Steve Clarke when he was an apprentice at GEC  Traction

1 hour ago, Robbiet said:

Wow! That was along time ago. Do you remember anything about him? 

13 hours ago, Robbiet said:

13 hours ago, Robbiet said:

Remember him coming to work shattered after a late got and sleeping behind my machine most of the morning.My job was. to. wake him if the foreman approached

I was in a music shop liquidation auction just after they made it in America. I outbid them for a guitar amplifier which I still own. I remember them buying all sorts of gear from that auction including a fender fretless bass which has always stuck in my memories. When I came to pick up my amplifier Joe Elliot was sat on it with another band member who I cannot recall the name we had a chat then went our separate ways.

My husband who used to do leather work as a hobby made a guitar strap with a leopard engraved on it for one of the group just before they became famous.  His girl friend used to work for my husband and asked him to do it. 

I once made a “wedding cake” for Rick Allen and put a pair of gold drums sticks on for decor.  I also sat next to joe Elliott’s mum and dad when they played don valley stadium. It was fab, but my lasting memory of it, was Joe’s mum saying how proud she was of Joe but she wished he would “get his hair cut” ! 😂😂😂😂 that must be going on for 27 years ago as I’m sure I was pregnant with my eldest and he’s 27 in October 🙈 .

Edited by WTAW

Today is the 28th anniversary of Steve's death, such a young age to die he was a very talented man.

R.i.p Steve x

15 hours ago, jah1 said:

Today is the 28th anniversary of Steve's death, such a young age to die he was a very talented man.

R.i.p Steve x

So sad. Gone too soon. So much more to give. 🌹🥀