Fao (careless) driver who hit my car - loxley road - 19/12/18 @ 5:00pm

19 hours ago, Magneteer said:

I doubt that Plod will be interested.

Failure to stop at the scene of an accident, it's very clearly a crime.

35 minutes ago, francypants said:

I cannot believe the number of people who say they have not heard or read about the  'Give way to uphill traffic rule '  It's not a Sheffield thing,

It's in the Highway Code and has been since I learnt to drive  35 years ago.

Can you point out where in the HC?

35 minutes ago, francypants said:

I cannot believe the number of people who say they have not heard or read about the  'Give way to uphill traffic rule '  It's not a Sheffield thing,

It's in the Highway Code and has been since I learnt to drive  35 years ago.

Can you point out where in the HC?  Not the rule for single track roads of course as that doesn't apply here (and only says "if you can" anyway).

6 minutes ago, dutch said:

Thank god it's only a mirror, could have been much worse.

Still question that claim about superb high resolution footage at front and back window. 

You're accusing the OP of lying, on what grounds?

7 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

You're accusing the OP of lying, on what grounds?

Just read the message, looks more like he is trying to scare someone in showing up. If that amera was really that good he wouldn't come here with a desperate message. 

Edited by dutch

Personally I'd just report it to the police immediately along with a copy of the video and the VRM.  But that's no reason to accuse the OP of lying.

I don't wish this type of thing to happen to anyone. Can understand the efforts to scare the other driver. 

Claiming you have high quality super resolution footage while begging for other driver to come does not click with me.

22 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Can you point out where in the HC?

Can you point out where in the HC?  Not the rule for single track roads of course as that doesn't apply here (and only says "if you can

Surely if a normal road is made into a 'single track road ' by parked cars, the single track road rule would apply.    It's common sense.      Also it doesn't say  " if you can,  it says  whenever you can . "

Whether the OP thinks it was the other driver's fault or not shouldn't they be reporting within 24hrs?

1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

Failure to stop at the scene of an accident, it's very clearly a crime.

So is burglary..........they don't seem too interested in that either !

If there is no obvious damage to the car which hit the OP it is highly unlikely that they would find themselves on the wrong end of a failing to stop charge.

On 11/25/2018 at 6:24 PM, banjodeano said:

from what i have read its when people are near death and they kind of have an outer body experience, people tend to think its when the brain is shutting down, 

8 hours ago, dutch said:

I think you are dreaming and angry and don't have any proper video footage at all. If you did you would simply sort it with insurance and police.

I think you are dreaming that this post is maybe going to get that driver to report out of fear.

I'm really sorry it happened and hope for you it will all get sorted fine one way or other.

Reported this morning and police agree that it was indeed dangerous driving.

2 hours ago, dutch said:

Just read the message, looks more like he is trying to scare someone in showing up. If that amera was really that good he wouldn't come here with a desperate message. 

Again...reported this morning.

18 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

Reported this morning and police agree that it was indeed dangerous driving

Was it crimed as dangerous driving or did the comms operator say 'that sounds like dangerous driving to me?

Police won’t do anything -crime is at a all time peak you have no chance I’m afraid.