I have been hacked... what now?

Okay so long story short.

I donwloaded a program without AV because i thought Windows Defender was good enough.

This happened around 2 months ago: Downloaded the program, ran the setup installed it and ran it. All fine. In the next 2 hours, I have gone onto my emails to find out someone was in my yahoo mailbox and tried to get into my crypto online wallets which were empty. I bought bullguard antivirus straightaway and ran scan which found viruses. I changed my passwords, reinstalled windows and changed passwords again. I thought that was it. 300 dollars gone off my paypal account, and 15 dollars used to buy GTA V off my other paypal account.  I bought Ledger Nano S and stored 20 000 xrp on it, worth £10 000. Yesterday i woke up to find out that all my ripples from ledger have been moved to this adress which i suppose is the hackers address rUF5TKP4JNyXsHWjHYVWH7ugCB6FTabM8U.

Also the hacker who bought the gta has used a fake passport with my name on it to send to the game provider to prove "it was me" who bought it.

I probably wont be able to recover my life savings will I?

will be going to police station tomorrow also if they can help?

i had sensitive files on my pc, such as letters i wrote and pictures of my driving licence.

what can i do to make sure this does not happen ever again, and what else can the hackers do? Is my personal information for sale on dark web? Who knew 1 small application could ruin a life...

i am afraid they can take all my money from my bank accounts

Edited by weex1

Suggestions:

1. Contact your Bank in person or on a landline.
  2. Urgently contact Fraud Police
  3. Stay offline 
  4. Get a different/New Mobile Phone chip Temporary....
  5. Don't agree to changing account via phone call!
Edited by DeZeus
Additional details

The police won't crime it, they will just tell you to contact Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The police won't crime it, they will just tell you to contact Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040

Is that helpful even in my case, i read reviews that action fraud has very low success rate

4 minutes ago, weex1 said:

Is that helpful even in my case, i read reviews that action fraud has very low success rate

It does, but not because Action Fraud are no good but because most online fraud is done anonymously and from abroad therefore 90% of what is stolen is unrecoverable. 

How do you know the source was this install, what is it, and where did it come from? What virus/malware was installed?

Edited by Happ

How did they get ripple off a nano s? The private key should only be on the device and never exposed (aside from during setup where you write the phrase down). Did you have a hacked nano s?

3 hours ago, Happ said:

How do you know the source was this install, what is it, and where did it come from? What virus/malware was installed?

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

How did they get ripple off a nano s? The private key should only be on the device and never exposed (aside from during setup where you write the phrase down). Did you have a hacked nano s?

these are exactly what i thought, we need more details to advise further...

Something of this level won't likely have been a small virus that wasn't picked up by Windows Defender, it's likely a timed and targeted attack, especially due to the Nano S, or maybe the Nano S was a 'fake' (hacked) one, and that is what started the whole ball rolling...

there are so many possibilities and speculations to be made without further details as said above, what virus do you believe you had, and why do you believe it was that virus that allowed this to happen etc?

besides that virus, has there been ANYTHING else you can think of? any pirated software you installed recently (especially with russian installers) any 'foreign' (to you/your computer) USB memory sticks been plugged in?
has anyone new been on your WiFi?

have you used your laptop/mobile device on a public wifi, and conducted paypal transactions and logged into yahoo? 

MANY options/potential causes.

Re: the paypal transactions, report these to paypal and you may get something back.

Weex1 - have you managed to salvage anything from this disaster? Has the advice been useful? I do hope that things aren’t as bad as you thought.