Energy regulator cold caller?

Has anyone else in the Sharrow/Nether Edge area had people come asking about their energy supplier to assess whether they overpay? 

Yesterday, two young men came to our house asking who our supplier is. One of them showed me an ID, unfortunately I can´t remember the company´s name. I told them who we are with and he said that´s okay then, there is no way we are being overcharged because it is one of the cheapest. I don´t think it really is one of the cheapest so I became a little suspicious, especially at this time of the year where many people go away for the holidays. 

Hi, I would suspect they would be from either one of the Prolific Salespeople for Energy Supplying Companies, attempting to get Converts to their Supplying Company.

Personly I find them, Intrusive, Timewasters Rude, Poorly Trained....

Try asking them to explain the formula for the calorific value of GAS? Or Electric?

I say Then ...if I want to Change I'll just contact You!...

I won't entertain anyone trying to sell to me at the doorstep - the thieving scrotes at NPower sent someone some years ago who said they would deliver my energy services for cheaper and yes they did - but then they whopped the prices up to compensate for the fact that (guess what), theyd underestimated my monthly payment and the charge was more than my previous supplier.

And separately (and we never got to the bottom of this), we had the supply of our electricity shifted to another supplier without our knowledge or permission - and neither of us had either looked into changing supplier or had a conversation with anyone about switching suppliers because we were very happy with the current provider...  it was a nightmare getting it switched back again and the new supplier would not tell me who had changed us over - but they mustve provided a code of some sort to do so.  All very suspicious. 

Edited by katkin

I don´t really mind if someone is trying to sell something at my doorstep (I´m quite good at saying `no thanks`), I just wondered if the reason for them going around the neighbourhood was to find out whether it´s worth breaking in somewhere over the holidays.