Lewis hamilton came from the slums, apparently.

11 hours ago, TheNugget said:

He’s hardly playing at it. He’s won 4 of the last 5 world championships and is on course to break pretty much every record going. What he does when he is not at work is no ones concern if it is legal. 

I don’t get this obsession people have that they think people in the public eye, particularly sports people,  should only do the thing they do for a living and nothing else.

if it doesn’t affect their performance, and it clearly doesn’t in this case, and makes him happy, which clearly it does, then who cares.

most of the criticism is just jelousy.

If you read my post I said hes playing with f1, He knows that they need him more than he needs f1, hes their biggest asset  and could walk away at any time. Driving talent is not in question.

14 hours ago, mickey finn said:

Is there anything you won't apologise for.

I'm not apologising for anything, I'm suggesting Hamilton should.

13 hours ago, TheNugget said:

He’s hardly playing at it. He’s won 4 of the last 5 world championships and is on course to break pretty much every record going.

He only won this year thanks to Ferrari's mistakes and the defensive use of his wingman Bottas to hold up everybody behind him.

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

He only won this year thanks to Ferrari's mistakes and the defensive use of his wingman Bottas to hold up everybody behind him.

Yes I agree, he only won because he amassed significantly more points than anyone else by winning many more races, by driving better, making less mistakes under pressure etc.

Generally for any driver to win the world championship they have to have the best car. They are not running around are they! It’s a team sport.

that doesn’t explain how he managed to equal Alonso’s points in his first season in F1. Alonso being regarded as one of the finest drivers of his generation. Or doesn’t explain why in general he has beaten any teammate that is on offer.

Vettel won 4 championships in the best car.

this year the Ferrari was at least a match for Mercedes, arguably the better car. To win the championship is a testament to his greatness.

I don’t think anyone could come up with a decent argument to suggest that he is the best driver of his generation and even any generation. His 1 lap pace is legendary and his race control now matured to match it.

19 hours ago, mickey finn said:

❄️

Ironic that you're all being offended by Lewis Hamilton saying something but simultaneously (and apparently without deliberate irony) calling someone else a snowflake...

6 hours ago, alchresearch said:

He made fewer mistakes than Vettel...doesn't that make him the better driver?

8 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I like Hamilton and watching him race go carts when he was young you could tell he had a talent for racing.

But, throughout his F1 career he has had the best car 95% of the time, which has undeniably helped his winning run. I wonder how Lewiss would fare driving the Force India car or any other of the lesser performing teams?.

Angel1

How come his team mates haven't done as well if it's down to the car..?

Driving a modern era Formula One car isn't just about working the pedals and turning the steering wheel. 

Coping when things go wrong can can preserve a few valuable points which could make the difference at the end of the season. When things have come on top for Vettell this year and last, he has got frustrated and angry and just slipped further back. When things have come on top for Hamilton he gets moody but shrugs it off, focusses  and preserves his position or even increases it.

Verstappen is a fantastic driver but he doesn't have the experience and maturity of Hamilton. When those two are going head to head in future which I'm sure they will be, Hamilton will win out more often than not, certainly for the next couple of years.

20 hours ago, mickey finn said:

❄️

Is that for me mickey? if it is you couldn't be more wrong.

1 hour ago, truman said:

How come his team mates haven't done as well if it's down to the car..?

Odd question I think. The answer is obvious don't you recon, Hamilton is the better driver. It still does not negate the fact that Lewis has the best car on the track 95% of the time, what his team mate does in a similar car is up to him.

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

Although there is no such things as identical set ups on two cars from the same team, those set up differences usually even out over the course of a two hour race.

If you swap the seat and pedal positions in Hamilton and Bottas' cars then swap drivers Hamilton would use 7-10% less fuel on average and experience 10-15% less tyre wear than Bottas. That difference is down to driving style and mechanical sympathy and both things, particularly tyre preservation, count loads in a Formula One race.

4 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Ironic that you're all being offended by Lewis Hamilton saying something but simultaneously (and apparently without deliberate irony) calling someone else a snowflake...

What would Google say Mr kickboxer