Patio door advice - lock replacement

hi all

the lock on my patio door has completely broken and i was wondering if any locksmith could give me advice on ways forward, are these things replaceable even if the door is quite old.

https://imgur.com/a/EsDUag9

any advice would be great!

many thanks

Ted

Try EuroCell on Rutland Road. Drop by with the pics. I did that and they found what I needed to replace it. Even manged to fit the new one myself. Easier than I thought!

Harold's on shalsmoor would also be a good call 

Easy job    Look on side of  door  were block comes out   There is a small  screw take it out   Put key  in lock in upright position and it will all pull through   Take lock to Harolds or similar or B  -  Q   sell them about £20   make sure you get same length as  there are 2 lengths   Put back same way 

Cheers spider

As Spider 1 says, but on one side of a pair of patio doors there is the overlapping panel which needs to be removed to get to the lock bolt.  It’s just a few screws.  If the lock bolt is seized and won’t turn , give it a light tap with an impact driver.  Euro locks come in different lengths to accommodate different door thicknesses.  You measure from the bolt hole to the outside of the lock, which should be flush with the handle, and similarly for the inside.

5 hours ago, ttparsons said:

As Spider 1 says, but on one side of a pair of patio doors there is the overlapping panel which needs to be removed to get to the lock bolt.  It’s just a few screws.  If the lock bolt is seized and won’t turn , give it a light tap with an impact driver.  Euro locks come in different lengths to accommodate different door thicknesses.  You measure from the bolt hole to the outside of the lock, which should be flush with the handle, and similarly for the inside.

Only one screw  on side of door of those i have done and a lot  

Take the old lock with you get one same size keep it simple

Spider 

Edited by spider1

thanks for the help so far.

ive managed to get the lock out which is fine and isnt my problem, it is the mechanism that is totally broken.

see pics here:

https://imgur.com/a/5Vk6clq

any ideas if its possible to get a replacement?

if not, what options do i have?

thanks

Same as i said    b and q  under £20  or any lock smiths like harolds on west bar or any double glazing firm that fits doors example global at handsworth

You buy the complete lock asda may have them even comes with 3 keys 

Edited by spider1

hi spider,

just want to check, have you looked at the new pics? im pretty sure asda dont sell these types of locks. i know they may sell the cylinder lock section where the key fits in but thats not the part thats broken.

i went up to wickes earlier but they didnt have anything like this lock/mechanism. the only ones they had were much too deep to fit in my door. as you can see by my new pics its only about an inch deep.

ill try a locksmiths.

thanks.

Sorry just seeing pics that's a very old lock 

Edited by S6 D.I.Y