Owls Forum with Chansiri

Owls forum on the 20th called off,as the venue is worried about security and safety ,hope a new place can be found

is it down to yesterdays managers disgusting interview,or is it to speak about a new manager and he needs time to sort it out,before having a heated discussion about the entire mess we are in.

34 minutes ago, 1295galaxy said:

Owls forum on the 20th called off,as the venue is worried about security and safety ,hope a new place can be found

Hmmm... :huh:

... now this is really bad news.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't I read somewhere that Mr Tuna was frightened for the safety of his family because of previous "threats" from fans?

He's obviously a very worried man who can do without this sort of thing and quite rightly, takes any form of intimidation very seriously.

Put yourself in his position.

You've invested your money in saving a football club on the other side of the world that you previously had no interest in, and as soon as things start going a bit pear shaped, instead of rallying round and supporting the club when it needs it most, the fans do what football fans do best and criticise every decision made with some loons even going so far as to "frighten" your family.

What would you do next?

Do you invest even more of your millions and help those same fans in achieving their dream of promotion...

... or do you say enough's enough, cut your losses and get out as soon as you can?

Here's a clue... it's not the first option. :roll:

41 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't I read somewhere that Mr Tuna was frightened for the safety of his family because of previous "threats" from fans?

He's obviously a very worried man who can do without this sort of thing and quite rightly, takes any form of intimidation very seriously.

You've invested your money in saving a football club on the other side of the world that you previously had no interest in, and as soon as things start going a bit pear shaped, instead of rallying round and supporting the club when it needs it most, the fans do what football fans do best and criticise every decision made with some loons even going so far as to "frighten" your family.

What would you do next?

Do you invest even more of your millions and help those same fans in achieving their dream of promotion...

... or do you say enough's enough, cut your losses and get out as soon as you can?

Its a fair point, I know I wouldn't risk my familys safety and if idiot fans are threatening them then it might put him off. I'd be surprised if he took his family though so I doubt that's why it's been called off but I could understand him wanting out.

There are ways to discuss the problems and some fans go too far with their criticism

21 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Its a fair point, I know I wouldn't risk my familys safety and if idiot fans are threatening them then it might put him off. I'd be surprised if he took his family though so I doubt that's why it's been called off but I could understand him wanting out.

There are ways to discuss the problems and some fans go too far with their criticism

So when was these threats ,have the police been informed. Chansari has shown that he is not intimidated on past occasions so these threats must be of a more serious nature , No doubt the National press will be reporting on it tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

What would you do next?

He didn't call it off it was the venue that cancelled the forum.

https://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news/sheffield-wednesday-extremely-disappointed-after-fans-forum-cancelled-by-venue-1-9495788

2 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

What would you do next?

Chansiri didn't save us, that would be Milan Manderic 😒

4 hours ago, bassett one said:

is it down to yesterdays managers disgusting interview,or is it to speak about a new manager and he needs time to sort it out,before having a heated discussion about the entire mess we are in.

It wasn’t really a disgusting interview was it Matt?. I’ve heard much worse from  other football managers. In some ways it was enlightening to hear Jos speak with some passion and enthusiasm. 

Just a thought but why not hold the forum in the ground at Hillsborough?.

3 hours ago, Albert smith said:

So when was these threats ,have the police been informed. Chansari has shown that he is not intimidated on past occasions so these threats must be of a more serious nature , No doubt the National press will be reporting on it tomorrow.

It's been reported that threats have been made but that wasn't the reason it's been cancelled and they were earlier in the season supposedly, the venue cancelled this not chansiri

I cannot see the point of this meeting at all   Does anyone believe that the owner will divulge his reasons for anything?

Edited by barry-333
spelling mistake