Aldi -faulty goods replacement

has anyone  had items exchanged or money back from ALDI in Sheffield or anywhere locally---without a receipt.   I must say I had my money back for a pair of golf shoes which had a fault from the store at the end of the Moor I must admit I was refused initially by the staff but wrote to there headquarters in WestBrom  and they sent me a letter to instruct the manager to repay me.

I have just had a similar incident at Worksop ,when last year I bought a set of Christmas lights which when put up this year had a fault on the blue ones not lighting---once again refused by staff and again wrote  to ALDI  head office who said they could not exchange them without a receipt====despite me showing photos of the price on the box and also the warranty registration card with the 3 year guarantee-----Looking  on the internet at advise when not having a receipt   I have given them enough proof of purchase that may be necessary for such a claim ,  I usually keep receipts for years but buying from a supermarket the till roll is about 2ft long and easily forgotten  about----Welcome any serious advise

A receipt isn't a legal requirement, if you can prove where and when you purchased them that's enough.
So an Aldi branded box and an Aldi transaction for that value in your internet banking history for example...

There is no aldi on the moor.  Got a telly from Aldi four years ago still working great.

Thanks (Cyclone) for this reply --I am aware of what you state from articles  I have read -It is the cheap attitude from Aldi and the fact I am going to grind out a refund  once again thanks

St Mary's gate area there is an Aldi  - end of moor to some poeple. 

The only two ocassions I have had cause to take stuff back to ALDI, I didn't have the reciepts but could remember when I'd bought the items.

They looked it up on their system and found that I had indeed made those purcheses and refunded me my money. I can't be sure but I think they said that they can do that for the previous six weeks but any longer than that would need to be done through head office.

32 minutes ago, dutch said:

There is no aldi on the moor.  Got a telly from Aldi four years ago still working great.

He said the "end of the Moor "

Didn't know moor continued other side of ring road

Edited by dutch

The best advice I can give anyone when buying none food items from Aldi is to pay for them separately to your groceries. It is then easy to keep all receipts for these items in one place in an envelope for example.

I have exchanged none food items and had refunds from Aldi and never had a problem, but I always keep receipts. The last two items I took back were some cheap ski gloves I bought for winter cycling and a set of LED cycle lights.

They require you to complete a form for refunds but it is not as much hassle as the alterative. Exchanges seem easier.

I bought some wine from Lidl, not Aldi, and nowhere near the end of The Moor, a couple of years ago, that was 'off' (I'm no sommelier but I've had enough practise to recognise good and bad in wine).  I took it back to the store, and was told very pleasantly and politely that if I still had the receipt they'd replace it or refund me, but as I didn't, there's a place on their website to report it.

I did that, and within a couple of days received a letter to take back to the store authorising a replacement, plus a goodwill voucher.  I felt that was decent customer service.  With the new tills now in place maybe they can look back at transactions more easily in-store, but anyway, I was pleased with the outcome.

I guess the letter of the law and consumer rights were on my side if I'd insisted on an immediate resolution, but experience has taught me to be patient and start with a soft approach, everyone comes out of it better.

Fortunately at the time I had other wine in at home to tide me over until I got the replacement!

Children should be made to learn consumer law as well a first aid as part of the national curriculum.

I haven't returned many faulty goods but in probably 50% of occasions, the people on the till and more worryingly the manager of the store, have either lied to me or simply don't understand consumer law.