Exiting a car park without using barrier exit/ticket.

This week I was at RDGH. I stopped at the carpark entrance barrier and pressed  the button which provides a ticket and raises barrier.

Before leaving the hospital building, I put my ticket in the pay machine and paid the £3.10 that was requested. The same ticket is returned after paying as it is needed to activate the exit barrier. About 25 minutes is allowed to leave the car park, but I was gone in about 5 minutes.

However, I inadvertently left the carpark by a different exit-one without a barrier.

Unless there are cameras the system doesn't  know the time I left or if I actually  left.

I only realised when I got home with the ticket that I should have gone through the barrier exit.

I am half expecting some sort of letter or something, because we hear so many stories about the companies that operate car parks.

Did you exit through an entrance? Wouldn’t alot of people  just exit through this way if there is no barrier forcing them to pay?

Possibly Happ but I guess it depends where car is  parked in relation to where they might exit.

The slot for the ticket at the exit barrier point may be just to raise the barrier. I`m unsure what would happen if someone goes through entrance barrier & gets a ticket, then goes in hospital building and pays after 15 minutes but stays 4 hrs, leaving at same place/exit that I did.

The paying point is inside the hospital not at barriers. That is why I suspect there may be cameras?

Edited by Janus

There are no exit barriers at all? I assume you must type your registration into the ticket machine you pay at then?

There is an exit barrier and an entry barrier side by side, in & out lane. There is no entering of reg No. 

Edited by Janus

5 hours ago, Janus said:

This week I was at RDGH. I stopped at the carpark entrance barrier and pressed  the button which provides a ticket and raises barrier.

Before leaving the hospital building, I put my ticket in the pay machine and paid the £3.10 that was requested. The same ticket is returned after paying as it is needed to activate the exit barrier. About 25 minutes is allowed to leave the car park, but I was gone in about 5 minutes.

However, I inadvertently left the carpark by a different exit-one without a barrier.

Unless there are cameras the system doesn't  know the time I left or if I actually  left.

I only realised when I got home with the ticket that I should have gone through the barrier exit.

I am half expecting some sort of letter or something, because we hear so many stories about the companies that operate car parks.

Assuming by RDGH you mean Rotherham hospital and you parked in the main car park then where was this barrier-less exit? 

I ask because both the entrance and exit have barriers. 

I do know (because I've been there numerous times this past week with the Mrs) that the exit barrier for the most part has been raised without needing to insert your ticket due to some issue with the pay-machines not accepting cards, as was the case on our last visit. Security just told us to drive out without paying, so from now on I'm just going to check if the barrier is up or down before I leave. 🤐

In any case the ticket you received, if there is any form of ANPR type monitor would be linked to your plate and will have registered on the system that you paid. It would also have you leaving within the time frame of the exit window. 

However I doubt, given that they're still messing about with tickets that there is such a monitored system. 

Edited by Resident

11 hours ago, Resident said:

Assuming by RDGH you mean Rotherham hospital and you parked in the main car park then where was this barrier-less exit? 

Yes Rotherham hospital.

For the most part the car park area is on level ground. As you move towards the part of the car park which is on a slope running adjacent to the internal road, the entrance I went though is in that area, and located maybe about 80 meters or so below the official entrance/exit that has the barriers.

I ask because both the entrance and exit have barriers. 

Yes, I used the entry one when I arrived.

I do know (because I've been there numerous times this past week with the Mrs) that the exit barrier for the most part has been raised without needing to insert your ticket due to some issue with the pay-machines not accepting cards, as was the case on our last visit. Security just told us to drive out without paying, so from now on I'm just going to check if the barrier is up or down before I leave. 🤐

In any case the ticket you received, if there is any form of ANPR type monitor would be linked to your plate and will have registered on the system that you paid. It would also have you leaving within the time frame of the exit window. 

However I doubt, given that they're still messing about with tickets that there is such a monitored system. 

ok thanks.

Please see my bold  above.