M$ edge to use chromium engine

Perhaps they are realising how incompatible Edge is with some sites/apps. For example Edge won't play nice with my website's webmail app. I switch between Firefox, Opera, and Vivaldi.

If your website won't play nicely with Edge I'd suggest you look at your website. While I don't use Edge, it's fine to use, has good standards support and we don't do anything specifically to support it. IE11 on the other hand.....and realising I've now been building websites for around 20 years, the browser that's replaced IE as being a big bag of poop is Safari.

Using Chromium should be good for older Windows 7 users since it will be available there to replace IE11 and that will make me a happy developer :)

You misunderstood my post friend. The software that Serif uses for the webmail I can admnister as I host through them. I can't remember the name of the software they use but it doesn't play nice with Edge - works fine in Firefox. ;)

11 hours ago, swarfendor437 said:

You misunderstood my post friend. The software that Serif uses for the webmail I can admnister as I host through them. I can't remember the name of the software they use but it doesn't play nice with Edge - works fine in Firefox. ;)

Fair enough. It actually takes effort to make something not work with standards compliant browsers which irritates me these days :)

@probedb I thought FireFox had been standards-compliant for many years - or am I wrong?

Yes, not sure where I said it wasn't?