Racism within sheffield

2 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Ok - I knew that anyway.

so why are you offended?

Why would you be offended if someone came to dinner and didn't eat your food?

Guest makapaka
Just now, WiseOwl182 said:

Why would you be offended if someone came to dinner and didn't eat your food?

Who said i would be?

I’m not trying to make a point about food.

im trying to understand why it’s offensive to you that someone doesn’t identify as British.

why is that?

1 minute ago, makapaka said:

Who said i would be?

im trying to understand why it’s offensive to you that someone doesn’t identify as British.

why is that?

I've already explained several times before. 

Guest makapaka
2 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I've already explained several times before. 

You really haven’t - you’ve said it’s divisive but haven’t explained why.

3 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Who said i would be?

why is that?

You are not contributing to this discussion at all, you are just trying to score points  

2 minutes ago, makapaka said:

You really haven’t - you’ve said it’s divisive but haven’t explained why.

It creates an "us and them". It's like saying "we don't like who you are, we're different", while actually living in the same country and being born in that same country. Anyone born in Britain and especially those with both parents born in Britain too should not feel the need to reject that nationality.

Guest makapaka
6 minutes ago, kidley said:

You are not contributing to this discussion at all, you are just trying to score points  

No I’m not.

i disagree that someone should expect someone else to have the same views/opinions as them and then say they are offended if they dont.

Just now, makapaka said:

No I’m not.

i disagree that someone should expect someone else to have the same views/opinions as them and then say they are offended if they dont.

Nationality is a matter of fact, not opinion. 

There's also a strong whiff of irony here. Why are you offended by my right to be offended? Can we not just have different opinions?

Guest makapaka
6 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

It creates an "us and them". It's like saying "we don't like who you are, we're different", while actually living in the same country and being born in that same country. Anyone born in Britain and especially those with both parents born in Britain too should not feel the need to reject that nationality.

It only creates an us and them if you say you’re offended by it and expect someone else to change.

unless they’re telling you to change the only person causing a divide is you.

i don’t see someone as against me for not being the same as me because of what nationality they consider themselves to be.

why would that matter to me?

Nationality is a matter of fact, not opinion. 

There's also a strong whiff of irony here. Why are you offended by my right to be offended? Can we not just have different opinions?

I’m not offended by your posts at all.

However i think your view is more divisive than the supposed “division” you are are against - and I’m asking questions about it.

Edited by makapaka

3 minutes ago, makapaka said:

It only creates an us and them if you say you’re offended by it and expect someone else to change.

unless they’re telling you to change the only person causing a divide is you.

i don’t see someone as against me for not being the same as me because of what nationality they consider themselves to be.

why would that matter to me?

I’m not offended by your posts at all.

However i think your view is more divisive than the supposed “division” you are are against - and I’m asking questions about it.

Another reason it offends me is it shows where allegiances lie. As I said, it's dissocciative and divisive. Rejecting your official nationality whilst still living in that nation alongside its nationals is quite inflammatory in my eyes. Maybe not in yours. Fine. We disagree.

Guest makapaka

Another reason it offends me is it shows where allegiances lie. As I said, it's dissocciative and divisive. Rejecting your official nationality whilst still living in that nation alongside its nationals is quite inflammatory in my eyes. Maybe not in yours. Fine. We disagree.

What allegiances?

what is inflammatory about it? 

This is more and more odd.

if no ones bothering you, they just identify as a different nationality - it’s inflammatory?

to who - you?

7 minutes ago, makapaka said:

What allegiances?

what is inflammatory about it? 

This is more and more odd.

if no ones bothering you, they just identify as a different nationality - it’s inflammatory?

to who - you?

Yawn.