Racism within sheffield

do you believe Sheffield has a problem with racism?

i mean you see a lot of comments on the "Sheffield star online"

with brisk hints of racial overtones often hidden behind fake profiles.

also why do people seek to hide their views from friends, relatives or work colleagues   

Racism is a World wide problem ,Sheffield is very tolerant when compared to most of Europe ,Africa and American cities.

1 hour ago, prolific said:

i mean you see a lot of comments on the "Sheffield star online"

with brisk hints of racial overtones often hidden behind fake profiles

Online comments sections, and phone polls tend to attract more right wing, reactionary participants and as such are only representative of the people who participate in them rather than the general population.

I'd say that Sheffield is no better or worse than anywhere else.

8 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Online comments sections, and phone polls tend to attract more right wing, reactionary participants and as such are only representative of the people who participate in them rather than the general population.

My Bold

Just like an opinion poll then

8 minutes ago, kidley said:

My Bold

Just like an opinion poll then

No.

Opinion polls by the likes of IPSOS MORI, YouGov, Comres etc use people selected to provide as near as possible a representative cross section of the electorate rather than people who choose to take part in online forums, phone ins etc.

Edited by Longcol

16 minutes ago, Longcol said:

No.

Opinion polls by the likes of IPSOS MORI, YouGov, Comres etc use people selected to provide as near as possible a representative cross section of the electorate rather than people who choose to take part in online forums, phone ins etc.

yes you may well be correct 

I dont think racism is a problem Most of the racism you see online is keyboard warriors who wouldnt say the same in public. They just get a kick by commenting behind fake profiles. As for the graffiti of the swastika outside the Jewish student accommodation. The racist couldn't even draw their own symbol the right way that proves how idiotically thick they are.

34 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Polls even factor in the fact that people lie to them and weight the result accordingly.

Racism is a world wide issue. Reckon it's worse in South Africa  and a lot less in Yorkshire. Seen more mixed race couples/friends here than in Ontario.

Edited by dutch

10 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

and also  left wing  idiots too

Yes I think it is a problem.

But I also think most racial tension is due to the modern obsession with identity politics.

I remember the 90s when identity politics was ‘it doesn’t matter what race, religion or nationality we are we’re all the same and humans, should love one another’. 

Nowadays we are told we should be obsessed with our identity and out colour, religion, race, nationality, sexuality, gender identity etc, etc, etc and have to compete with other groups to get privileges and condemn anyone who isn’t in our group. 

It’s just rotten. It’s the biggest game of divide and conquer ever played.

4 minutes ago, Augustataurus said:

Nowadays we are told we should be obsessed with our identity and out colour, religion,

Told by who?

Who is telling you? No one has told me or anyone I know.