Racism within sheffield

22 hours ago, makapaka said:

Does it matter.

I was born in England.

my dad had an Irish passport but was born in Germany - my grandad was an Irish soldier and my grandmother was German.

my mother was born to sheffield parents and grandparents but their surname is from the Huguenots.

What am I and does it matter if I consider myself English German Irish or French? 

What if if I want to follow whatever my dad chose? 

Were the Huguenots Simmonites by any chance ?

6 minutes ago, makapaka said:

No I’m not Asian.

my question was directed to Asians (English), and your question would be very relevant, asking why does it matter you dont recognise you are English, i am interested to know. 

7 minutes ago, makapaka said:

No I’m not Asian.

Guest makapaka
8 minutes ago, Broakham said:

Were the Huguenots Simmonites by any chance ?

No.

1 minute ago, kidley said:

my question was directed to Asians (English), and your question would be very relevant, asking why does it matter you dont recognise you are English, i am interested to know. 

I’m not interested in that - I don’t care.

I’m interested in why it matters to you if they don’t?

1 hour ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Because I'm British and they would effectively be saying "we don't want to be British like you", even though they are.

Is there only one way of being British - ie "British like you"?

What is being British?

3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Is there only one way of being British - ie "British like you"?

What is being British?

I have always been of the view that the answer to that question is a resounding no.

19 minutes ago, makapaka said:

No.

I’m not interested in that - I don’t care.

I’m interested in why it matters to you if they don’t?

I am English and proud of being English and i am interested why some people are not.

and to answer Longcol, being English means you where born in England, no matter what you say about it or what you think about your fellow countryman.

Why does it matter to me it does not.

Edited by kidley

Guest makapaka
2 minutes ago, kidley said:

I am English and proud of being English and i am interested why some people are not.

and to answer Longcol, being English means you where born in England, no matter what you say about it or what you think about your fellow countryman.

Why does it matter to me it does not.

So if it doesn’t matter - why are you interested in why people are not?

1 minute ago, makapaka said:

So if it doesn’t matter - why are you interested in why people are not?

because i dont understand it,

you have to understand why people are interested in things that dont matter at all to them.

2 hours ago, kidley said:

My Bold

The Pakistani's you refer to are English, Born and Bred in England, and most of them have never seen Pakistan, does that make a difference to you and others who are saying they are Pakistani's?

The thing I was referring to was the clashes between the Pakistani community and Romanian community with friction in Pagehall. Now what other term can describe them as without causing offence , or is this a fishing trip to trap people into saying the wrong thing ?

I have Pakistani family in my imidiate family born in here in sheffield and identify themselves as Pakistani and their children are half Pakistani and half English but follow Islam and celebrate Christmas too. 

Guest makapaka
6 minutes ago, kidley said:

because i dont understand it,

you have to understand why people are interested in things that dont matter at all to them.

You don’t have to understand it - why does it matter to you whether someone calls themselves English if they’re not bothering you? 

1 minute ago, Eric_Collins said:

The thing I was referring to was the clashes between the Pakistani community and Romanian community with friction in Pagehall. Now what other term can describe them as without causing offence , or is this a fishing trip to trap people into saying the wrong thing ?

I have Pakistani family in my imidiate family born in here in sheffield and identify themselves as Pakistani and their children are half Pakistani and half English but follow Islam and celebrate Christmas too. 

i wouldn't think anybody would say any thing wrong with that.

Just now, kidley said:

i wouldn't think anybody would say any thing wrong with that.

Then what’s with all this MY BOLD nonccence ?