Racism within sheffield

I'll never forget the pathetic Sheffield Star and I think Calandar news  coverage of the trouble at Page Hall. Everyone knows that it is a predominantly  non white-English area but these news outlets went out of their way to interview some white people in the area about the situation. It gave the false impression that it was another case of "bigoted whites"  against an immigrant community, when the true story is that there is friction between the established Pakistani community and the Roma, but the news don't want  to report it  that way.

Edited by Hots on

There is only one race 'the human race ',everybody is a mixture of everybody else,it's just that some people like to create division.all boils down to power  and money 

I have seen people in Netherlands turn something perfectly fine and non racist into a deeply aggressive racist argument from being something just childish to the point of violent protests and fighting.

When you look for a problem you find or make one.

Edited by dutch

On 12/29/2018 at 7:32 AM, Ramjit said:

Ill ignore your last comments because thats typical of people like you.

How many of the alleged 1.2 million reports (assuming all 1.2 mill are genuine) were women who were attacked, assaulted, called harsh names because they were women and ONLY because they were women?

how arrogant is that  common and  sexist

On 12/29/2018 at 8:01 AM, Halibut said:

So, back to topic. Is racism in Sheffield still an issue? Yes, it's still an issue.

Any proof to back up that claim ? 

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, Penistone999 said:

Well it’s an issue that I’m sure in a city of +500k there are some racist people which is wrong.

i don’t think it’s an issue for Sheffield as a city. In fact I think we’ve been quite progressive in terms of our approach to different races and cultures at a local government level.

16 hours ago, ormester said:

how arrogant is that  common and  sexist

Learn to punctuate.

12 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

Go and ask a few black or brown people. They'll tell you.

Good and bad in every race and culture, male or female. It works both ways. If some one is being abused mentally, physically or verbally because they are different then that's wrong but I feel we are too quick to give everything an ism these days. You have to be very careful how you say things no matter how innocently as there are people constantly watching and waiting to accuse of some sort of ism. You see it here with grammar police and intellectual authorities belittling people thoughts and words.

Answer to the question is yes, racism does exist in Sheffield but in many forms.

The majority of people couldn't care less where people are from in a good way but unfortunately the vultures circle every walk of life waiting for mistakes and opperutnities to make themselves feel more important and superior.

Guest busdriver1
On 12/31/2018 at 8:56 AM, Halibut said:

I have lived in a few places but was only introduced to racism when I moved to Luton. The West Indian community there showed me how its done. Being brought up in the North East I had never encountered it before. Is there racism in Sheffield? Definitely, I have had first hand experience of it to the point where I was told that "we want all you white <removed> out of here". 

Is it more so than other places? From my experience its as bad as many but not all, certainly worse than where and when I grew up in Newcastle area.

Edited by busdriver1

On 12/16/2018 at 12:30 PM, prolific said:

do you believe Sheffield has a problem with racism?

i mean you see a lot of comments on the "Sheffield star online"

with brisk hints of racial overtones often hidden behind fake profiles.

also why do people seek to hide their views from friends, relatives or work colleagues   

There is alot of racism in Sheffield and elsewhere, and in my opinion, it comes from the 1st2nd and 3rd generation of immigrants to this country, racism against the long standing nationals of the U.K 

what was the result of the eu referendum 52%out 48%stay in, the out vote mainly of what! IMMIGRATION we dont want them here.  

But we dont go around shouting it either.

On 12/31/2018 at 7:32 AM, Ramjit said:

Learn to punctuate.

learn to stop been a teacher 

On 12/31/2018 at 8:56 AM, Halibut said:

so what about white people been hounded out of asian areas etc  racism works both ways